Free Multi Client ASIO driver!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by saintjoe, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Too bad for x64 users. It is indeed 32 bit only.

On a side note, I wonder why NI does not offer a way to install 32 bit Maschine on Windows7 x64?

2. pawcut

pawcut NI Product Owner

just to clarify coz im a technical noob ..... my apps will still use my m-audio sc but this driver will pimp it to a multiclient sc ?
    that'll be cool , so i could resample time stretched material from live directly back into maschine...

3. saintjoe

saintjoe NI Product Owner

yeah it will still use your soundcard, just allow it to be used by more than one app at a time, where traditionally only one app can use the asio driver unless it's built into your soundcard to be multiclient.

4. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

My Soundscape/Mixpander system has been doing that for more than 10 years ... multi client drivers aren't that new ... I'd be asking some serious questions about your outdated and limited soundcards/drivers.

5. saintjoe

despite it not being new, not all soundcards support this, it's more on the manufacturer than the technology. The technology has been around for a while, but not everyone uses it.

also, for people that are using internal soundcards, this helps as well.

Just because a soundcard isn't multiclient doesn't make it outdated or limited...

6. Beatworkx

Beatworkx NI Product Owner

'limited and outdated'. lol. It works for me, hence I stick with it. I made it clear in my post that I didn't want to spend up and here you are talking about your 'soundscape/mixpander system' :|

Scaper7 am just curious as to what kind of questions you will have about my archaic non-multi-client soundcards?

7. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

I had imagined multi client ASIO drivers would be standard in most audio devices for a few years now ... Seems like your third party multi client driver is doing a job that I would expect most modern audio devices/drivers can already do (even cheap ones).

... just surprised it's an issue in 2010

8. saintjoe

it's all good, you would definitely think it would be standard, but unfortunately it is not, from cheap, to mid level, to pro, not all support it unfortunately. I agree it should be a given...but since it's not, this is a cool alternative. Even folks that are using asio4all and just their internal laptop/desktop cards can use this.

9. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

It works. :cool:

Here's my setup (ASIO Client, Scope and Maschine):

Attached Files:

10. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

And in Cubase:

Attached Files:

11. saintjoe

12. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

About the Scope pic:

The ASIO Source module represents the outputs of Maschine (1-8 L/R) and Cubase (9 L/R). In Maschine 1-8 L/R = Out 1-16. In Cubase 9 L/R = Out 17-18.

The ASIO Dest module represents the inputs of Cubase (1-8 L/R). In Cubase 1-8 L/R = In 1-16.

The Luna Dest module represents the 8 mono outputs of my audio interface. The stereo output from Cubase (9 L/R) goes to mono outputs 1 and 2 of my audio interface. That is what I'll hear on my monitor speakers.

If I want more outputs in Cubase, then I can expand the ASIO Source module. If I want more inputs in Cubase, then I can expand the ASIO Dest module. It's really flexible.

---
    So with the right audio interface you can send audio and MIDI to your DAW from the Maschine standalone.

13. themixtape

themixtape NI Product Owner

I tried this driver out... major stutters in Maschine and Ableton when running Maschine in standalone, and Ableton separate... it drove me nuts, so I just used a second ASIO-compatible card...

14. saintjoe

interesting, it's all about finding what works, if you got two soundcards that's the first option in my opinion, that's what I do, though I didn't have any problems with the multi client, I just don't need it, but I tried it out a bunch and never came across any stutters or other issues, it seemed pretty solid

of course everyone will have different experiences, this is just another option

15. themixtape

themixtape NI Product Owner

The odd thing saintjoe---

When Maschine was minimized... no problem. When I could see what I was doing... that's when the clicks and pops started. Bizarre.

Sometimes I just DON'T get computers at all....

99% of things work perfectly, and the thing I expect to work with ease (and I followed instructions on how to set the multiclient driver for each program, to the letter)... doesn't work at all.... just baffling.

16. saintjoe

yep, weird lol, at least you found a way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.