1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

FREE Nano Pack Community Edition

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by bolabo, Nov 26, 2020.

1. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

nano pack shot 1.png

Hey Guys

We just released the FREE Nano Pack CE (Community Edition). The pack is a selection of blocks from the upcoming Nano Pack (to be announced), a massive library of ultra high-quality, low CPU blocks for modern sound design.

Highlights of the pack include:
    • A selection of blocks from the upcoming Nano Pack (the full pack has 500+ blocks)
    • Infinite Linear Oversampling (ILO) used for waveshapers, samplers, wavetables and oscillators. ILO is a DSP technique that greatly reduces aliasing distortion for an extremely clean / analog sound
    • A suite of versatile sequencer blocks that can be combined for creative sequencing and routing of sounds
    • Each block has a bank of 8 editable snapshots that can be sequenced using modulation
    • A set of blocks for use with the Tidal Cycles live coding environment
    • High quality, low CPU blocks in a small format, can be combined with Reaktor blocks from other packs
    • Useful utility blocks for basic functions, scopes, MIDI, input, output etc.
    • 15 high quality effects
    • Flexible audio-rate modulations, every control has it’s own modulation input
    Experiment and get creative!

Download the Nano Pack CE here -->

toyboxaudio.com

We are currently running a Black Friday sale: 1/3rd off all packs and bundles!

Just enter BLACKFRIDAY at the checkout to get the discount!! :)

David

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. hanratty

hanratty NI Product Owner

I'm very happy for this. I got into modular through having a Nord Modular back in the day. This pack feels the most like the NM patching experience than anything I've seen in Reaktor. I am looking forward to the big Nano pack. One little problem for me is that I can't get the Nano sequencers to work. I'm sure it's my fault. Could you tell me how to do it?

3. geelist

geelist NI Product Owner

This is great news! Thanks.

4. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Yes I was influenced a bit by the Nord Modular for this pack.

You need to connect the output of the 'Nano Ramps' block to the 'Position' port of the sequencers to 'drive' them. Check out the included racks for examples.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Michael Hetrick

Michael Hetrick Member

These are masterfully designed. I had to email David to express how much fun I'm having with the Position Effects alone. Hopefully this amazing release doesn't get lost in the holidays and sales avalanche. I cannot wait for the full set.

upload_2020-11-26_21-33-16.png

• Like Like x 4
  6. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Well this is a sort of compliment, bolabo

7. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

These are really terrific, David. Sound is great, and the CPU & design are very laptop friendly. I could imagine building a patch & performing it with controllers without having to look at the screen much/at all.

One thing, there are so many blocks here are you sure you didn't upload the full pack by mistake?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Fantastic! :)

Haha, nope, just wait for the full release!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Here's a handy 'cheat sheet' for the Nano Pack CE and upcoming Nano Pack:

Nano Pack Cheat Sheet.png

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Murat Kayi

Murat Kayi NI Product Owner

Hi,
    thanks for the free blocks again!
    I am missing a heart emoji around here, really greatful!

EDIT: and a bug or something's up that I don't understand. I tried to load a rack and it says "missing blocks", because the rack expected the blocks to find under "users\davidleonalexander[...]" which to me looks like the racks are kinda ignoring the "User Blocks" directory somehow. Reaktor actually knows where to find the freshly installed Nano Blocks otherwise - I can for example search for their names when hitting enter

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  11. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

Have a look at the 'How to install' file, it explains which folder you need to move to the Blocks location.

12. Murat Kayi

I did, and it's in my User blocks folder (specified in prefs). All the blocks inividually can be located fine. But I can assure you that nowhere on my system is a directory wth the name of the developer

13. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

If you move the Nano Pack folder 'as is' when you download & extract, there is an extra layer of folders that causes the issue.

You need to move the Nano Pack CE folder so it's in Blocks > Nanopack CE and not Blocks > Nano Pack Community Edition > Nano Pack CE

• Like Like x 2
  14. Murat Kayi

Ah yes! That did the trick, thanks a lot!
    I did read the "How to install", but obviously not thoroughly enough, because it says to move the CE folder not the "Community Edition" folder - I was too quick, there, I guess.

15. hanratty

hanratty NI Product Owner

The cheat sheet was helpful. I did not think about making presets for things besides the sequencers. Or looking at the structure view for more modulation options.

These blocks rule. They work well together, but also work well with the fancy cpu-hungry blocks. Looking forward to the big pack.

16. lofide

lofide New Member

Hi all,

please, help my with change directory path of Free Pack. I first installed according to the Free Pack manual, but nothing appears in the directory here. https://monosnap.com/file/EKYcZpqdM6OwXjx8Lnojaz9rlx4wyQ I think there is a problem with the letter "š" in the path for User Blocks. I had this path: c:\Users\Vašek\Documents\Native Instruments\Reaktor 6\

I changed the directory for user blocks, but the free pack still can't work. He's reporting this to me https://monosnap.com/file/0rOMf886D3o0tEryxDOX453UGyfvn7
    Refers to Native Access, but there is no way to change the installation path, which is incorrect. https://monosnap.com/file/L9XuQWFp9QP81T1ckyiCAmmCRFf78R
    There is no Locate button. I can't even uninstall the Free Pack and reinstall it again.

Please do not know how to solve this? Thank you

17. lofide

lofide New Member

So I figured it out. I had to delete the Free Pack from this directory: c:\Users\Vašek\Documents\Native Instruments\Reaktor 6\
    Then I had to open Native Access and finally the Repair button appeared, where the Relocate Free Pack went again.

I think it's a shame that Reaktor probably can't solve these letters "ěšččžžů" in the directory path names.

18. KoaN

KoaN NI Product Owner

Wonderful pack,my only issue is i find the font,letters too dark and a bit difficult to read on the panels and since they are all small and similar it makes things a bit slower to identify stuff.

19. lofide

lofide New Member

I forgot to write that it's a really great pack. I can't wait for the full version. ;)

Maybe I just found a little bug. Unison module – the value for the mix is not displayed here.

20. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Thanks!
    Well spotted! :) fixed!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020