1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

FREE Nano Pack Community Edition

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by bolabo, Nov 26, 2020.

1. killmaster

killmaster NI Product Owner

Is there a community patch repository for this? I don't see one on Patchstorage.

2. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

3. killmaster

4. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Hey Folks

I’ve updated the free Nano Pack Community Edition to V1.1

(The full Nano Pack will be updated to V1.1 within the next couple of weeks.)

Nano Pack Community Edition new blocks:
    • Added 'Container' and 'Container (Advanced)' blocks to build your own Nano Blocks
    • Added 'Boom Synth' block - A synth for 808 style kick drums
    • Added 'Wavetable Synth' block
    • Added 'Convolution Reverb', 'Zero Latency Convolution Reverb' and 'Spring Reverb' - 3 blocks based on Colin Brown's brilliant "Viva la Convolution" ensemble
    • Updated 'Atom Evaluate' block - With new 'Line' parameter (requires atom-tidalcycles plugin 3.15.0 or later)
    • Added '2D Chaos' block - A block based on Roy’s wonderful "2D Attractor".
    Nano Pack Community Edition Fixes:
    • Mute state (double-click to mute a step) of some sequencers was not being correctly recalled
    • 'Wavetable Oscillator' - Occasional crackles when using FM now fixed
    • MIDI Note In - Improved MIDI event handling
    • Buttons - Incorrect modulation assignment fixed
    Download the updated pack from your user account or grab it for free here:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/

David

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. lofide

lofide NI Product Owner

Hi bolabo,

Thank you very much in advance for updating the package. ;)

I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, but I've tried all convolution reverbs, but they always sound very strange. There is a crackle and digital glitchs. As if it were broken.

6. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Oops, fixed, please download again :)

7. lofide

lofide NI Product Owner

Whooohooo! ;) Thank you for your quick reply.

Spring Reverb and Convolution Reverb looks fine. You may also see the EFX-Nano Convolution Reverb (ZL) .ism. It occurs to me that there are also crackles and glitchs.

And I would like to ask more ... I understood that Spring reverb and Convolution Reverb (ZL) are like mono blocks, but Convolution Reverb, there are slots for the left and right channel, but it behaves like mono. Is the Convolution Reverb stereo effect?

Thank you very much

8. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

OK thanks for letting me know! So hopefully all 3 blocks are working now, try downloading them again! :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  9. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Some of these modules run without system clock. How do I get my racks to start and stop with the space bar lie normal blocks?

10. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

if you drive the sequencers using the “ramps” block then they will can be synchronised to the host and stop and start with the transport. Just turn the ‘speed’ knob to the right.

• Like Like x 1
  11. killmaster

Wanted to make sure I didn't miss the full Nano Pack v1.1 update. Has it been released yet?

12. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Yes this is hopefully coming very soon, the update is ready, just waiting for the pack to be encoded.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. killmaster

great news, thanks!

14. Trevor Masterson

Trevor Masterson New Member

I'm just trying this out now, but everything I add into Reaktor window is blue (disabled). Its says:

Free Time Left: - Get Info
    Modified Content: 1 Activate

What am I doing wrong? Cheers

15. Trevor Masterson

...ok never mind, I worked it out - I had to install the Free Pack on Native Access in order to use Nano Pack CE.

16. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Yep, you need to have toybox free pack installed.

17. Trevor Masterson

Thanks.

I'm a long time Nord Modular and G2 user. Your collection seems like a very comprehensive range, hence I wanted to check it out.

Maybe this is a broader question for the Reaktor platform in general or maybe its specific to your modules I don't know, but can you tell me how accurate the maths calculations are and what are the limits of the maths it can perform? For example if I wanted to trigger an event at a position which is 2/3 of one bar, using an A>B module, what would be the actual representation of 2/3 in decimal places?

Also how reliable and accurate is the timing of the clock sources, i.e Ramp modules etc? MIDI, for example is very inaccurate, CV is much more accurate. The Nord G2 can make calculation into the 100,000s and the internal clock is excellent, so its incredibly accurate and doesn't make mistakes or random errors. How do your modules on the Reaktor platform compare in this department?

Thanks again

18. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Hey Trevor, the maths is either 32bit or 64bit floating-point so will be plenty accurate enough. Reaktor blocks always run at 'sample rate' so timing is accurate to the nearest sample.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021