Free online T3 TKS settings viewer

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by dj_smex, Apr 17, 2007.

1. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

Hi,

Didn't you get a example tks settings file with your bcd? I believe there is an example file available in the NI updates. You simply load these setting files via T3 prefs. remember to enable your bcd and to have it switched on prier starting T3.

The web based tks viewer is there to give a printer friendly view of these tks files. It doesn't currently offer any support or download options. Although I'd like to build upon this time permiting.

all the best,
    smex

2. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

Hi,

Haven't had time to do my own as yet but remember seeing one on the download section of the novation site. It comes with both syx and tks files.

hope this helps,
    smex

3. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

Hi,

Please forward us your tks file together with the Traktor version your using, so I may fix this.

john@djsmex.co.uk

cheers,

4. HAZIEL

HAZIEL New Member

thanks a lot guys this works great
    :)

5. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

Mr. DJ SMEX

Along the lines of conversation about graphics with their commands on a printable and viewable document.
    :) Hey how ya been?

Attached Files:

6. DJ Paragon

DJ Paragon Forum Member

I didn't want to start a thread that was most likely a re-post. I understand how to midi map external controllers manually, but my question is how do you "load" a tks file? I'm assuming not in traktor's preferences while it's running. And i don't understand where "the folder" is that you're supposed drop the tks file in. I'm running OS X btw, thanks in advance and i appreciate the help

7. signaturex

actually .. thats exactly how you do it.

this isn't a delicate surgery.. if you approach traktor like its a tempermental orchid of a program you'll never get anything done.

in the midi set-up

first 'save' your current midi setup as whatever.. i use my current idea and a date.. I have a folder of midi files.

then 'load' the new tks file. you can keep them all in the same folder. ie: before hand drop it into your tks folder so it is easier to find once you click on load.

the entire midi file will be replaced with the file you are loading.

click apply' ok'. start using the midi controller and checking for issues.

if you make changes you can save' the file from the same screen as an edit plus the date or something.

8. De Sosa

De Sosa New Member

Hi Smex!

It does Work for my Hercules MK ll , but until this day im working on a Hercules RMX.

Are there coming any preferences for that one in the future?

Thanks , Sosa

9. dj rush from vision

dj rush from vision NI Product Owner

Does it work with total control

I have mac book and traktor 3 with total control,when i use pc with total control,no problem but having problems with mac book and traktor 3 ,i could not assign the midi controllers for total control.

10. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

So post about it in the correct forum, not here.

This is a thread about a TKS Settings Viewer, not an 'issues' topic.

11. signaturex

12. pr0ficient

pr0ficient Forum Member

this is great, thanks a lot for doing this.

I find it very useful

13. kayintveen

kayintveen Forum Member

Very nice... thanks man!

14. croc69

croc69 New Member

thanks for this viewer !

it help me a lot to understand how to made an "offline" tks file without using traktor.

Maybe it's a midi stupid request but can you add a numerical "id=" column and "controller=" , for example : Deck Select Focus (2194) A#0 (ch 1)(279) ?

I've not found any id <=> function datasheet.

15. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

Hi,

I'm not planning to add more columns for the tks xml schemer. As it may give confusion to those who don't understand the xml structure of a tks file. However, I don't see a problem with my publishing a document, outlining how the tks viewer works with a complete reference to the xml schemer.

I will work on this and publish on the site as soon as possible.

best,

16. Lancellot

Lancellot NI Product Owner

Excellent stuff!

Very helpful.

Thank you!

17. groovearchitect

groovearchitect New Member

a bit late (if only i had searched the forums for this sooner!) but great idea smex. Right after buyin the software i was amazed to find out it didn't offer this option itself! A non-reiszable tiny window and no print or export option of your hotkey and/or midi settings..

Anyway. Just tried it, uploaded my current TDS3Keyboard.tks file. I do get all the parameters that are assigned, but not the hotkeys they are assigned to(?). See screenshot.

Any idea how this is possible or how to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

18. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Hey, someone "who has the Xone 4D I could go through the TKS favor of Traktor 3.4

19. The Syndrome

The Syndrome NI Product Owner

How about making one for Traktor Pro TSI?

20. djdivide

djdivide NI Product Owner

Smex - legend!

This is so much better than the standard issues stuff from Numark for the Total Control - without it I wouldn't have a chance of mapping the LED's.

Thanks again and keep up the good work - I'm sure you'll be busy now that Pro is here ;-)