Free Reverb from NI Raum

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by skinswashdc, Dec 16, 2019.

1. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Did you click on the 'get raum' button?

René

2. Benjamin Meinders

Benjamin Meinders New Member

Damn, no. Let`s see if it works!:rolleyes:

3. Steve Mosher

Steve Mosher NI Product Owner

Soooo did it work ? :)

4. Mr. Meoff

Mr. Meoff NI Product Owner

I almost forgot, checked this morning (15min ago), and there it was! Thanks NI! #reverb!

#HappyHolidays everyone. Make some sic music this holiday and coming 2020.

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

It took a couple of days to show up in NA for me too, no complaints here since I paid zero $ for it. Sounds interesting.

6. Benjamin Meinders

Benjamin Meinders New Member

Yes. Thank you all (and NI) - and shame on me :)

7. Steve Mosher

All good man. I hate when that happens tho! lol

8. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

And for the tech side (and more), an interview from Julian Parker in the manual.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Steve Mosher

ooooooooooooo . This plugin is pretty dope .... PRETTY DOPE!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Catsmuerte

Catsmuerte New Member

Hello guys,

I've installed RAUM, but on Logic it doesn't show up, and in Live, it shows up under AU (only) and when i try to open it, it doesn't work... any Ideas? i've deleted everything and tried instilling it again and still nothing... :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

I am actually quite amazed by the presets. Whatever sound I throw into Raum, it really makes it sound unique.
    In Ableton, I like to map Feedback and Predelay to the X-Y Pad and I can just scan for very interesting sweet spots.
    I never thought before that a reverb can bring out transients like a compressor.

I wonder what price Raum will cost stand-alone after the Xmas freebie event. I would definitely drop $50 on that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. realtrance

realtrance NI Product Owner

I am having the same problem. Thought maybe it was because I’m on an older Mac Laptop (2010 running 10.11.6 OSX), but shows up fine in Maschine2 as a VST.

it shows up as AU in Ableton Live 10.1.6, but if I click on it, it doesn’t open.

I turned off and on the System VST2 folder and waited patiently while my plugins were all rescanned, and it contemplated Raum, but Raum didn’t show up after the scan.

Tried shut down and restart of laptop, shut down and restart of Live, no go.

Works fine on Windows and is wonderful.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I hope NI will be able to resolve this soon.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  13. realtrance

realtrance NI Product Owner

Addendum: isn’t showing up in Logic Pro X (10.30) on my El Capitan 10.11.6 (last update for my hardware) Mac laptop, either, for further debugging if possible.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Raum sounds incredible. Great job, NI! Thank you so much. Wish you all Happy Holidays! :)

15. Steve Mosher

I love it! I agree with you fully. I dont own many reverb items cause they all suck ... BUT THIS! THIS IS CRAZY COOL.

16. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

yeah i am liking this one. thanks NI

17. Laridae

Laridae New Member

I have installed Raum in Native instruments but I can't find it anywhere in Ableton Live.
    Should it be in the plugins section? Is it VST 3?
    I can't find it. Help!

18. veloopity

veloopity New Member

nice, and it sounds great. For the next version, a wishlist:

1) a randomize function that can be triggered via a midi CC
    2) a function that smoothly cuts off the current reverb trail when the next note comes in
    3) a combination of these. This would allow to play with each note in a different reverb space.

Or is this in there already? I am surprised that reverb makers don't think of such things

19. Laridae

Laridae New Member

I have the same problem that I can't find it within Live. What is AU?

20. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I just use Google to look it up.

AU (AudioUnits)

Apple’s proprietary audio technology, part of the Core Audio provided by Mac X OS. It is part of the operating system so it provides low latency and system-level support for the interface. Most DAWs developed for Mac OS X support the Audio Units interface due to its stability and system-level solutions (which also means faster processing). Apple Logic only utilizes Audio Unit format plugins, but other DAWs such as Ableton can also use these.

René