Front Panel patching please

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by PIANOPICTURES, Sep 19, 2015.

1. PIANOPICTURES

PIANOPICTURES NI Product Owner

Ok, Blocks are amazing, love them. But having two kind of sets of Blocks, one in the Panel and the other set in the Edit window is a little bit annoying, you need to rearrange them twice. Front panel patching in a Reason style would be nice, with some options (to show-hide the wires, etc.)

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

I don't see that happening in Reaktor, somehow. Front-side patching can be done within a single instrument (like herw did for his modulars) using mouse areas, but mouse areas don't work BETWEEN instruments.

3. PIANOPICTURES

...I know, I should stop wasting my time by making requests and bug reports. There are too many things I also don't see going to happen because of politics i.e. economics. As usually, take what you can get and go on.

4. PIANOPICTURES

I was never a fan of an Automated Layout for Panel but for Blocks it is just essential. It would be cool if there be even some rails like with a real euroracks to have some space between blocks for more freedom with layouts.

5. jcore

jcore New Member

yeah if NI would have implemented some kind of new front end UI wiring option feature (like you see with arturia's moog modular V?) - now that would have been an impressively useful software upgrade for the end user. something like that would also have made their new concept of blocks ALLOT more user friendly versus blocks just being a glorified instrument framework based off the same old 'not so new user friendly' wiring system...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  6. herw

herw NI Product Owner

? -> http://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/7329/

ciao herw

7. jcore

jcore New Member

@herw - i've played with the ruhr(a great ensemble) - his front end wiring system only works within a single instrument, not from one instrument to another as was my proposal. in my post above i was referring to cables that could run from one block to another. that would require a brand new feature for reaktor although that would be a great win for ease of use ergo new user adoption of reaktor. maybe block to block front end cabling will make it's way in there one day.

8. herw

herw NI Product Owner

you are wrong. RUHR runs in one instrument because it is polyphonic! And it stores the patches (!) in snapshots which is not possible with REAKTOR blocks. So it is much more than Blocks.
    The framework for Modular x4 will be nearly so simple in use like blocks; instead of adding an instrument you have only to add two modules (a primary macro and a core macro) with only three wires in structure whch is much more easy to do.
    ciao herw

9. jcore

jcore New Member

awesome! well since you know so much then YOU should build a front end wiring system to work within and expand the blocks framework. it would greatly benefit the community at large.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  10. rinox

rinox NI Product Owner

+1 for
    Front Panel patching please!
    More fun and faster workflow.

• Like Like x 1