1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Frozen Maschine Mikro MK2??

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Heefy, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Heefy

Heefy New Member

Hello I was super excited to try this mschine mk1, but when I plug it in it does light up but just says "Maschine Mikro Grove Studio Production."

I have tried the things on this page but it is slightly different from my circumstances.
    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/214239865#5

Does this Mikro MK1 work with MacOs Sierra 10.13?

Thanks a bazillions!

-Heefy

2. Heefy

Heefy New Member

Also, is it possible to send it in to NI to make sure that the thing even works correctly?

3. Heefy

Heefy New Member

My drive is not case sensitive, I have NIHardwareAgent set as a login item, the USB seems fine because it lights up.
    I do not have NIHostIntegrationAgent in the login items, but I read that it is not required for this to work.

Also I was incorrect, this is an MK2, not an MK1

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heefy

Heefy New Member

If I push Shifr + F1, nothing happens, it just stays at the same screen. The controller editor does not register anything.The software says version 2.0.6.

Thanks for your help!

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Oh sh** then i cant help you further cause im not a mac user but it is compatible with 10.13 so it should work. Let´s see if a mac user can help out. 2.0.6 is not the latest maschine we are now on 2.8.5 maybe try also to update, this can definetly be a issue on mac.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  7. Heefy

Heefy New Member

Thanks for trying, I think I am gonna send it in so they can at least verify the hardware is working correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

What's the Maschine Software Verison you have installed?
    Sending it in will take a while, shipping there, testing, shipping back... I would just test it another computer from a family member or friend; if you have access to a windows computer I would try the firmware updater (perhaps the firmware is corrupted)
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/#maschinecontroller
    Scroll to "MASCHINE MIKRO MKII Controller Driver 3.0.4 - Windows 7 and above"

Up to you what to do really... But if it turns out not to be a hardware problem you lost a bunch of time and then when you get the controller back you're still going to have to debug software problems.

Make sure Maschine has Microfone Access. Accessibility and Full Disk Access doesn't hurt either so so try adding the app there too.
    [​IMG]

There should be 3 NI services at startup, not just one:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Heefy

Heefy New Member

The software says its version 2.0.6.

I will try it on a windows machine, thanks for the help!

10. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Why are you on such an old version? We are currently at 2.8.5 I'm guessing thats the problem...

11. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

this is definetly the problem

12. Heefy

Heefy New Member

Welp, got everything all updated and now its working great!

Thanks all!