1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Full Freeze!

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by KRAK ONE, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRAK ONE

KRAK ONE Forum Member

Two times when playing out my TS crashed including a full freeze of MacOS X. Which means the music stopped and the computer did not react anymore in any way!

Believe it or not, I really like this product and have been using FS/TFS since 2002. Maybe that's why even the heaviest bugs don't make me go mad ;)

But honestly, this is a very serious issue that really has to be adressed!

2. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

i used the mabook of my father and it freezed very often. not only traktor. for example copying data from usb hdd it gets slower and slower till it freezed. i used a ftp app to download stuff over wlan and it freezed.

my opinion ... mac suxxs extremely and is nothing than a good designed marketing joke :D

3. KRAK ONE

KRAK ONE Forum Member

Honestly...

...it's the first time I hear such things about macs. My boy is running his 1,83 MacBook with SSL absolutely hasslefree from the day he installed the app. Just like me, he plays out every weekend , generally playin all night. You know, I bought this software for certain reasons and I really like it a lot and still want to use it. But I think there has to be an update really soon to solve the known bugs of this really great software!
    On my behalf, my MacBook never froze up in any other situation than using TS.

4. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

I have only had problems with beatport locking up...

My Macbook Pro is running like a champ though...

Very happy with mine.

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

krak, if you had crashes, you should send the crashlogs to NI to find out what's going on.

of course, it's not normal behavior and until now, crashes are VERY seldom seen, support is very happy with TS.

anyways, send in your crashlogs and try to describe exactly what you did before the crash... (ipod plugged in/ out? CD in/ out? changing preferences? clicking on beatport by accident? effects? analyzation of tracks? etc.)

6. KRAK ONE

KRAK ONE Forum Member

Crash log...

There's no crashlog file because I had to force the computer to shut down by pushing the power button for about 5 seconds...
    Anyways, hoping that it never happens again I'll try to figure out some more infos about that if it should happen again...

7. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

@ Krak One

Do a small stress test on your lappy using the Audio 8 as the soundcard.

Load both decks, use internal mode, turn on looping on both decks, key correction on both decks, pitch both decks up to the highest pitch and let it run for long while.

Record the start time and the time it freezes dead before reboot.

8. Supergid

Supergid NI Product Owner

...but there should be a crashlog, still. Same happend to me last saturday on my Macbook: After 2 Hours (I did absolutely nothing at this particular moment) of spinning suddenly the whole system freezes. I had to plug out AC-Power and pull out the battery to shut my Macbook down. After Restart it works fine for the rest of the night. Pretty strange, cause i used TS / TDJS 3 for several weeks now and never had an issue like that. Crashlog ist at NI...

9. KRAK ONE

KRAK ONE Forum Member

I'll do the the test tomorrow and also will have another look for the crashlog. Thanks for the response!

10. dj1

dj1 New Member

Maybe it could be that your computer needs a bit of a cleanup like cookies, temporary internet files, etc or possibly what you've been downloading off the net ?

11. KRAK ONE

KRAK ONE Forum Member

No internet on my TS system. Straight up clean install on brand spanking new 3 weeks old Macbook. No additonal software installed than TS...

12. DJ Freshfluke

on a full freeze you dont get usually a crashlog.
    anyways, please report to the support!

also additional info like:

- could overheating cause the issue (should it occur a second time, please check the processor temperature)
    - did you close the book or was it in sleep mode in between?
    - how did it start: suddenly or was the performance degrading?

and other things you remember.

13. DJ PATT

DJ PATT New Member

edited by native_girl

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  14. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

same error on weekend, full freeze after 2,5 Hours of playing now special action done only played and mixed normally... :angry:
    i hope NI is fixing that very fast

15. djsuperflo

djsuperflo Forum Member

Well I guess some us are in the same "Crash Boat of TS"
    Yep, my system crashed using TS several times, but only
    with Audio 8 Dj! Works great using internal soundboard, but
    this defeats the actual purpose of utilizing full function use
    of Traktor Scratch! Gonna try another way or use a better
    PCMCIA Cardbus!

Laters fellow Dj's
    Keep on Scratchin and mixing!

16. DJ Freshfluke

i assume y'all filed support tickets, right? ;)

17. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

where i can find crashlogs on mac?

18. Supergid

Supergid NI Product Owner

Since latest mac os update I had Freezes on my macbook (FS) AND aon my Powerbook (TDJS 2.6 / FS 2). I used the application "Appzapp" to deinstall Quicktime. No Probs anymore even after 10 hours nonstop working.

Gid

19. DJ PATT

DJ PATT New Member

I don't understand as Native instruments it continues without correcting this error and if they put that the system is compatible with mac. We already want the upgrade. And that of sending the crahs logs I have already sent a heap and I suppose that other people also... Also in 90% of stores of DJ's they sell the pack with the macbook and they don't warn in any place of it paginates it less web in this forum of the big Failure of operation

20. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

everybody who has freezebugs , do you use 10.4.10?

Before this weekend i have used OSX10.4.9 and no freezebug?

I hope the Update will come very quick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.