1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Fully upgraded Maschine Software hanging only when online

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by aaron Nichols, Nov 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaron Nichols

aaron Nichols NI Product Owner

I've tested it several times using studio one 4.6 and 5.1 and standalone. Happens when I have internet access only and does not happen when disconnected internet. I can upload a video if needed. Im running 64 bit windows 10 fully updated

Attached Files:

2. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

The only thing Maschine uses the internet for is to send usage data tracking. Try turning it off in preferences. Or you can try updating/downgrading your network driver.

• Like Like x 1
  3. aaron Nichols

My usage data tracker is already disabled.

4. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

so you are saying that when your Internet is active that the Drop down menu under that icon does not work?

5. aaron Nichols

Im saying It hangs and freezes machine for 5 seconds or so.

6. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

Sounds like a classic bad driver scenario. Did you try updating/downgrading the driver? DriverEasy can help you find an update if Windows doesn't, or you downgrade by manually choosing a different driver on your system through device manager.

Use LatencyMon to see if drivers are causing DPC latency spikes, which can produce the behavior you describe.

Many laptops can't operate well with the network adapter enabled and the only solution is to disable internet while working with audio. Pretty common practice actually.

7. aaron Nichols

My system stays fully updated. but maybe i could try driver easy. I use a Desktop and its pretty powerfull with plenty of ram. i tried ethernet and wifi and both seem to be an issue.

As far as disabling internet thats a no go because i watch tutorials as im making beats to learn. so native instruments needs to fugure this out. ive already found a new work flow anyhow and im liking it pretty well.

8. aaron Nichols

I have the new ASROCK x570 Creative AMD and thunderbolt so maybe it has something to do with that.

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Does it only hang when you click the dropdown icon?
    I've seen a couple of similar odd issues with AMD systems before.
    Check if there is a BIOS update for your motherboard, try using the top USB ports next to the PS/2 port not the ones next to the USB-C/thunderbolt and test a powered hub if you can (altho this might be an annoying solution for a desktop).

If all fails contact tech support.

10. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

Not how things work. NI has no control over your PC. OS doesn't always d/l the correct driver and as I said, sometimes an older one will be more stable with your unique system. BIOS updates also don't happen automatically. If you don't want to troubleshoot it properly I'd suggest using your phone to watch videos.

Here's a clear video explaining why running realtime audio can be problematic, even on the most powerful systems:

11. aaron Nichols

Yes hangs when I click the menu arrow. I contacted support almost a month ago and barely got an answer about a week ago. I did what they suggested and still the same problem. I sent a reply and still they havent done anything about it. so I have no interest to continue using the maschine.

12. aaron Nichols

Its funny though it only seems to be maschine having issues with "cpus and Drivers" Whats even funnier is all my other equipment of key boards , interfaces, mixers summing mixers and pretty much everything else I plug into this computer has no issues at all. So the problem is not the computer or the drivers is obviously the maschine programmers who needs to figure it out.

13. aaron Nichols

Still Support has failed to contact me and resolve the issue. Now it has been 4 weeks.

14. aaron Nichols

now they deleting my thread dealing with their incompetence. Saying that Im supposed to PM them. I already email yall back its been 4 weeks. your just running a forum. all you can do is relay a message. i dont need to play Message tage for months. i need my software issue fixed!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. aaron Nichols

I spend thousands of dollars on yalls software and now i have an issue with your bugs and im reaching out and have been patient for 4 weeks. next step i guess is to file a lawsuit

16. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey Aaron,

I'm gonna be honest, I really don't think you have the right approach here. You've been creating multiple threads for the same issues and I've personally come to you multiple times taking your feedback in and offering help - here is a message I literally posted on November 17th which you chose to ignore.

This forum is not a support channel but despite this fact, we're available every weekday if you have any issues with our support. All you have to do is ask and be polite to everyone (us included believe it or not) instead of going on about how we're incompetent and how you won't purchase our products ever again.

I'm gonna say it again, if you have an issue with our support please PM your email or write your case number here if you feel like doing this publicly.

Thank you.

17. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Just for full transparency, this is going to be another warning (for the language this time).

18. aaron Nichols

Now your just looking for a reason to Silence me. I get it. I guess if you got a problem with me expressing my dislike for the way yall are taking advantage of paying customers then save me the hassle and go ahead and Ban me from commenting in your forum because honest yall have been zero help.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  19. aaron Nichols

And just for Transparency I should not have to contact you on a forum. Your support team should be able to 1 either comunicate with Customers and solve the issue or file a bug report with your development team. Itsnot rocket science.

And you giving me a warning for "language" is baseless and childish at best. You run a firum. you are not support. If you were qualified to be support you would have been in my emails. not giving "warnings" on a forum.

20. aaron Nichols

look ill say it again. Ive already been contacted by The support team once. that was 2 weeks after i filed a support request. I was told to try "something". So i tried that somethung and it did not work. So I contacted them back after the fact and now have not heard anything from them. I should nitbhave to keep coming back to the forum to a bunch of short tempered forum moderator threatening to ban me for having isaues with yall software I purchased for thousands of dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.