Future of S5 and D2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SanderSantema, Apr 27, 2018.

1. SanderSantema

SanderSantema NI Product Owner

Since there seems to be some activity here of people who know what's going on inside NI I thought I'd ask this here. What is going to happen with the S5 and the D2? Will the new rewrite of Traktor still support my beloved S5 or will I either miss out on a update or need to buy for instance an S8 (to big for me but I still wouldn't want to miss the screens and other things the S5 had). I was hoping to buy an external mixer like an Allen & Heath XONE:92 and 2 D2's when I would get some more money. What will happen with these units and will they be replaced, S5 and D2 version 2?

2. tricade

tricade NI Product Owner

I think.... wait and pray is the only answer you get ;)

3. SanderSantema

SanderSantema NI Product Owner

Will do :)

4. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I’m in the same boat, I use the S5 for mobile gigs or tight booths where i need to bring a console, and have D2’s for club gigs where they have the mixer and CDJ’s in place or mobiles where I’m getting paid for the bigger setup.

Keen to keep using them and would like them to work with all upcoming versions of Traktor ...

• Like Like x 1
  5. thatdjtech

thatdjtech New Member

The D2 and S5 and even the S8 look dead now as far as a Traktor future seems to me.