future of spektral delay?

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by meloday, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aip

aip NI Product Owner

Ric,
    Only trying to get some extra goodies for this excellent program. It works well, no problems, but, it never hurts to let NI know we're here and we like presents (or presets!) even if it isn't our birthday.
    aip

2. defmut

defmut New Member

Yes I would be interested if Native Instruments updated Spektral Delay with new features that rivals iZotope's Spectron.

Come on Native Instruments! Bring it!!!

:D

3. a Knight of NI

a Knight of NI NI Product Owner

+1 ! Nice to see so many of us thinking alike on this.

4. Noisewreck

Noisewreck NI Product Owner

I would also like to see an update to Spektral Delay. It's such a cool product. To me this is one of the defining products for the cutting edge thinking of NI. Please, please please update this.

5. Kidraver

Kidraver NI Product Owner

a future for spektral delay

i hope it is upgraded

6. AlexV

AlexV NI Product Owner

I´m sorry to disappoint Speer and the others here. But according to Thomas Martin of NI Spektral Delay and Vokator "...won't be maintained with further product updates." (http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54191)

Of course, the costumer is always right, as they say. So one may hope. :)

I´ve just bought Komplete 4, and Vokator and Spektral Delay are still unconquered territory for me. Seeing that they now most likely are "dead" products still leaves me with a feeling of having been fooled...

7. Tical

Tical NI Product Owner

You know I'm in the same shoes as yours, but mine is much more than just a feeling.

Anyway, Spektral Delay and Vokator were (ARE!) two wonderful pieces of software, to the point that calling them a delay and a vocoder is anything short than understatement.

Maybe, letting NI know how much we like them and how many we are...
    Ah!, I was about to say something naive.

---
    T.

8. jigglypuff2

jigglypuff2 NI Product Owner

Look at the lack of interest in the forums................perhaps NI surveyed Komplete users and found it hardly anyone uses it and the lead developer Kent Clelland left a while ago.......it's no surprise they have dropped it..it probably just isn't economically worthwhile

9. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

I would suggest that lack of interest in the forums does NOT equate to lack of interest per se. I love both of these programs but have never found need/cause to write in the forum. I find that writing in the forum often just indicates a love of writng in the forum. Which is what I'm doing now. Which probably means I'm talking utter piffle. Ignore me.

10. Tical

Tical NI Product Owner

Brilliant! :)

---
    T.

11. RandomLFO

RandomLFO NI Product Owner

I am very sad to see that NI has discontinued Spektral Delay. I think the real crime here is that more than likely NI will just let SD die instead of at least releasing the source code to some developers that could update it/ upgrade it. We did after all pay good money for this program. If NI won't support us, at least give someone else a chance to help us out.

Marc

12. aip

aip NI Product Owner

defmut,
    Although I really like Spektral Delay, I must admit that since you mentioned iZotope's Spectron, I bought it and am blown away by its incredibly intuitive and powerful controls, not to mention that it works perfectly in PT7.
    The sounds are smooth or rough, or anywhere in between. GREAT STUFF!
    aip

13. mikehuckaby@hotmail.com

mikehuckaby@hotmail.com NI Product Owner

do you think its better than spektral delay? i dont think so, spektral delay was a killer program, and i hate the fact that its beeen discontinued.

sd allowed you to record the processed file, even in standalone mode.

spektral delay, r.i.p.

im sad now

14. aip

aip NI Product Owner

Mike,
    I wouldn't say it is better than SD, but it has more controls, and functions well in PT7, which is where most of my work gets done. It can be used as an aux, or can be an RTAS treatment, which gives you a recorded version of the results. I'm still discovering it, but find it to be full of potential, and think it will be a good option if you like that spectral manipulation approach.
    Try it, you'll like it!
    aip

15. kong balong

kong balong NI Product Owner

yeah, spectron is great. i use it a lot more than SD, fwiw

16. aip

aip NI Product Owner

kongbalong,
    You are right, Spectron is great, and I just picked up their restauration soft, RX. It has a huge amount of control and a fantastic interface. Those guys know how to make software that is a joy to use!
    aip

17. Rock Thomas

Rock Thomas NI Product Owner

Spektral Delay and Vokator ensembles would be nice.

18. Funk:r

Funk:r NI Product Owner

Its so sad...what can i say...how can NI just throw this away...This is the future and you just throw it away, really stupid in my eyes :(....get your self together and fix this... i own Reaktor, Battery, spektral delay, FM8, Absynth so iam a devoted NI fan and want to stay that.

19. elhardt

elhardt NI Product Owner

I heard that Vokator was gone, but I come here and find Spektral Delay (which I own) is also gone. I don't get it. This is unique software in the marketplace (I'll have to check out iZotopes Spektron see if it covers all bases) with possibly nothing to fill the void.

I'm not one who likes constant updates with a company trying to suck money out of me for the rest of my life, so if NI never updated Spektral anymore, I see that as a good thing. Finally a product that is finished for once. But since they already put in all the work to develop it in the first place, I can't see the advantage of discontinuing it. It's not hardware where you need to stock millions of dollars of parts and product and hire people to assemble it. They could even just make it and Vokator available as a download purchase only for those people who still need something like it.

20. elhardt

elhardt NI Product Owner

iZotope Spektral looks interesting, but based on the screen shots, it doesn't look like you can get detailed or accurate filtering for one thing. And they don't have a standalone version which is a deal killer for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.