future of spektral delay?

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by meloday, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totalogic

totalogic NI Product Owner

I too bought Spectron, based on this thread. I like it, and will be using it. But contrary to my hopes, so far it doesn't seem like a 1:1 replacement for SD at this point. I think they both do unique things that the other doesn't. I'd really like to see SD officially supported on Leopard (haven't made the upgrade yet myself).

The most important point, IMHO, is that many of us have dozens of projects with SD already in there. We want those to keep working in the future.

2. Tical

Tical NI Product Owner

Keyboard Rig 1

I totally agree with the last two posters, each word exactly.
    This is what NI should do:

1) take the good modules provided with Guitar Rig 3 which are NOT aimed to guitarists only (quite a lot if you see, all the amps/cabs included), and they already have the code
    2) add in there the convolution reverb provided with Kontakt (a good one) and they already have the code as well
    3) add both Vokator and Spektral Delay to the rack, maybe a slightly reduced version of the former (e.g. no effect section) and, guess what, the code is just there
    4) call it "Keyboard Rig", or "Outboard Rig" or "However-you-like Rig", and ask 300 bucks for it
    5) add it to the existing line, call it Komplete 6 and ask 189 bucks for the upgrade. ;-)
    6) GIVE IT FOR FREE TO ALL THE KOMPLETE 4 OWNERS WHO "UPGRADED" TO KOMPLETE 5

ALL the code is still there: just do it and start rising money.

3. sampleconstruct

sampleconstruct NI Product Owner

iZotopes Spectron is a killer Plug In as soon as you get the hang of it. I love it...

4. zenke

zenke NI Product Owner

I completly agree with all these comments. I am really bummed that SD particularly is not being upgraded to Leopard. Not sure what I am supposed to do with regard to past work I have done using SD and which when I upgrade to Loepard will be unusable. Come on NI we are faithull supporters of your software. I for one have spent quite a lot on it and I love it. so please give us an upgrade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.