1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

G4 experiences thread - problems & solutions

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by djquartz, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Actually, the SL1 box does have asio drivers but they are still in the beta stage.

2. trat

trat Forum Member

Really hope? They better will, cause this looks like food for some smart laywers...

3. bontempi

bontempi New Member

Just what I thought! Changing the System Requirements for G4's from 1.4 GHz to 1.67 GHz surely doesn't solve the issue here. Nice work NI!

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

awww, you're really trying to **** ants here - i said *hope*, because i dont have a mac nor the ability to try a G4 to know from my own experience, how much the forthcoming update improves the G4 performance!

but i'm feeling with everybody who has issues, and of course i hope they get sorted out!

tests are running.

5. jordanjsanchez

jordanjsanchez New Member

Soundwave pauses... and other problems

I have huge problems with Traktor Scratch.
    1) When I go to the Preferences page to change my sound card, my computer slows down when I change the card to the Audio 8 DJ. It only works smoothly when I use it with my internal, built-in card.
    2) Trying to at least run the program a little even though it is choppy with the Audio 8 as the sound card, the soundwaves don't advance even though the play button is pressed. And nothing will calibrate. I am using 1 (yes one, for now) Denon DNS 3500 CD Turntable.
    3) When I run the program with the built-in sound card and the Audio 8 disconnected, everything runs fine; the soundwaves don't pause and the performance isn't choppy.
    4) The Audio light on the Traktor interface is green and the Audio 8 receives the signal from the turntable but still no calibration and no smoothness, and the soundwaves don't advance.
    5) I NEED SO MUCH HELP! I have a private function to DJ next week and I just upgraded from FinalScratch 2 to TS because I had downloaded the downloadable version of FS and it wouldn't work because of the whole mess between Native Instruments and Stanton.

By the way,

Type of Powerbook: PowerBook5, 8 15-inch

Traktor Scratch Version: 1.02

CPU Speed: 1.67 GHz

Ram: 1 GB

Mac OS Version: OSX

Hardrive Free Space: 91.81 GB

P.S. Could it be because I am running only one turntable?

6. jordanjsanchez

Oh yeah...

... and I don't even know if the Audio 8 DJ Driver is installed correctly but it does make a noise out of my system speakers when I disconnect it from my computer

7. Marco72

Marco72 NI Product Owner

It still doesn't work...

Can someone please tell me if they got the new update to work? I've installed it and I still can't seem to make it work. I have the last 12in 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4 with 1.25 GB of memory. I believe I've intalled it correctly. Maybe I have the wrong driver installed? Please help, I have a gig this weekend and was going to use TS this weekend.

8. CDJQ_Tf

CDJQ_Tf Forum Member

I have installed the update on my G4 12" 1.5 Ghz Mac and so far it seems to work. I only ran it for about an hour today, but no hiccups or other problems showed themselves. Tommorow I will run it hard to see if it's usable for the weekend. I'll post my results -

Brett

Edit: A quick note: I used the Audio 8 drivers from the Install CD, but I never loaded TS from that CD. I used the downloaded update for my first install.

9. ...zep...

...zep... New Member

i used TS 1.0.2.050 under a powerbook G4 12", 1GHz, 512MB ram, with this preferences;

sample rate: 44100
    audio latency: 11.5ms
    time stretch quality: SLOW CPU
    and TRAKTOR Scratch Optimization Tips.

TS works fine for a some hours, but when i insert a cd, i find a lot of problems; i heard the sound coming and going like a strobe!.. :D

if i increased the ram up to 1GB, i will solve this problem?

10. DJ_Rob_Berry

DJ_Rob_Berry NI Product Owner

The update only works kind of... The performance is far better now...
    ...BUT...
    ist still isn´t gigable on my G4. The same stuttering strobe-effect for me with a G4 1.67 GHz powerbook and 1 Gig RAM after a short time with faster track changes and a lot of scratching... It only works again by restarting the application.

System crashes in front of audience are quite embarassing.

Any suggestions for fixing that? Is NI still working on further optimizations?

11. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

@Marco, Can you please elaborate on exactly what is happening? Have you installed the undate released on May 23rd? If you have not already done so please file a support ticket too as it will let NI know officially that this problem exists and if we are seeing 12 inch G4's with problems then its sometyhing we can more quickly escalate.

@Everyone rporting problems here: please if you are not already doing so make certain you give us the model you are using. as well as the EXACT version. Also if you have not done so please file a support form so NI can see the issues in the support queue.

Phil

12. DJ Freshfluke

jordanjsanchez, which exact OS version do you use?
    the drivers dont work below 10.4.8.

13. jordanjsanchez

Still does not work

and i run OSX 10.4.8 and in the process of downloading 10.4.9

14. DJ Freshfluke

ok, let us know if that makes a difference!

15. garret

garret NI Product Owner

I'm watching this thread like a hawk as I am considering the Traktor Scratch Crossgrade and don't have much time.

It's a pity, but from what I am reading here, it looks like the crossgrade won't be worth my money. Traktor DJ Studio 3.2 works fine on my Powerbook.

Can anyone allay my fears and tell me some wicked news about TS on my setup (or a similar one)?

16. BigBuddha

BigBuddha Account Suspended

I've got a 1,67Gh G4 PB with 1,5 GB RAM, 30 GB free disc space, runnin OS X 10.4.9. and got the latest "Powerbook" update which was preovided yesterday. There is for sure a certain degree in performance but not enuff. Lets say on my gig tomorrow I will not use it! Still hope that the next performance update isn't too far native_girl?

17. DJ Freshfluke

buddha, what other things can you tell about your setup?

- did you try some of the OSX tweaks? (especially all wlan, bluetooth etc. stuff turned off)
    - what TS features do you use the most?
    - what exact issues are you experiencing (crackles? dropouts?)
    - what latency/ caching/ key correction settings do you use?

in the betatest we had people running the G4 update succesfully with computers with specs even below the minimum requirements at reasonable latency settings, so i'd like to know more about your setup.

i will forward your findings - but contact also the support (i assume they will ask the same questions i did above, so best would be to include the info directly).

18. BigBuddha

BigBuddha Account Suspended

I do only simple mixing with 17ms latency, turned of key correction because of the performance problems at the moment. But for sure i wanna try the whole fx but isn't possible now. As I said its better at all but imho only a little to get a good feelin at a gig at night.

19. DJ Freshfluke

as you know, i'm not too mac experienced, so if the above mentioned things (airport, wlan, bluetooth off etc.) dont help noticeable, you should write to the support (if not done already) to check for further things.

since in the german thread you mention you dont find the control panel etc., i assume, another possible cause for error could be a faulty driver installation or something - but i'm only guessing here.

20. garret

garret NI Product Owner

It would be interesting to know why there are such problems on the Mac.
    Can the program be working so hard that "Computer configuration and system optimisations might be required." (to quote NI)?
    I've never seen that quote on any other piece of software's system requirements.
    Perhaps the requirements will be upped with the release of T3.3!

I'm just a bit gutted (disappointed) that it seems I won't be able to get a stable Traktor Scratch working on my system.

:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.