Getting Kontrol F1 installed and working in Traktor 2.5

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by steviemix, May 31, 2012.

1. steviemix

steviemix NI Product Owner

I have been running in Traktor Pro2 on Windows Vista with a Vestax VCI-100 as my main deck controller. I just added a Kontrol F1 and upgraded to Traktor 2.5 (Remix) today. Upgrade went well but I don't know how to set up Traktor to recognize the F1.

I installed the F1 driver and in the Controller Manager in Traktor, I add the F1 device. My In Port says "None" and that is the only option for the F1 device. The F1 lit up when I plugged it into the USB port but goes and stays dark immediately after. My Vestax has its own separate settings in Controller Manager using the Traktor 2 default mapping.

What do I need to do so that Traktor can use the F1 and so the F1 buttons light up and can control my remix decks? This doesn't seem to be in the F1 manual.

TIA,

Steviemix

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

please note that windows vista isnt supported anymore (see system specs on the website).

however, the port thing is strange. are you sure you didnt have the F1 plugged in during installation?

3. steviemix

Thanks for your response. I did not have the F1 plugged in when I ran the F1 driver installer. It was also not plugged in when I ran my Traktor Pro 2 upgrade from 2.2 to 2.5 .

What isn't supported in Windows Vista? Traktor or the F1 driver? Traktor Pro 2 v2.5 (Remix) works just fine in Vista.

Any other possibilities to why the F1 doesn't seem to be recognized by Traktor?

Thanks,

Steviemix
    http://www.steviemix.com

4. DJ Freshfluke

both - regarding to the website...

(however, i also use an unsupported system, xp and both software and hardware work there - so i'm not saying that must be the main cause, just a "maybe")

have you contacted support already?
    can you post some screenshots of the controller manager with open dropdown fields?

5. steviemix

I am planning to contact support later today unless you have another approach to take. I can post an image if they can't solve the problem.

6. Muzka

Muzka NI Product Owner

Arent the system specs suggest requirements rather than the only spec it will run on?

7. steviemix

I got the answer from NI tech support-they were great! Here were the steps:

1. Unplug F1 and close Traktor.
    2. Run the upgrade exe to Traktor 2.5 again. That installs the driver if you selected the F1 in the install.
    3. Plug in the F1.
    4. Launch Traktor.

When I did that I could see the F1 in the input in the controller manager. Also, lights lit up on the F1. I had to hold the shift key for a bit the first tme. I can now control my F1.

Thanks everyone.

Steviemix
    http://www.steviemix.com

8. DJ Freshfluke

so something went wrong during the driver installation... (that's why i asked if it was plugged in during installation, because this is the most common reason for that)

9. UncleDStroy

UncleDStroy New Member

I have the same problem, the unit flashes up but doesn't show up in either traktor or even win7 system device manager :(
    ---
    ok, the usb plug at the back feels hot and smells like electronics are burned -.-" I guess manufacturing error. Gonna take it back to the shop tomorrow.

10. DJ Freshfluke

uh... :(
    let us know the outcome.

11. UncleDStroy

UncleDStroy New Member

Took it to the store, they said they'd normally send it in for service but since it was bought less than a day ago they just changed it to a new one. Plugged it in and works like a charm. ^.^ Now I just have to learn to use it, seems fun though. I wonder if you could run 4 remix decks in traktor hmmm....

12. DJ Freshfluke

yes, but you need a brain 4times bigger than the average! ^^

13. derajj.com

derajj.com Forum Member

I am having problem getting my F1 to work with my laptop.
    The F1 lights up every time I plug it into the USB port but goes dark and stays dark immediately after.

I have two control F1s and both F1s doesn't show in my Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5.1 (in Preferences and Controller Manager).

I use two turntables with traktor scratch control vinyls, one Kontrol S4 & two X1s.
    All the other controllers show in Traktor.
    I also have a Traktor Scratch Pro 2 which comes with Traktor Audio 10 which is not hooked up as I am using Kontrol S4.
    Both X1s and S4 appear in Preferences and Controller Manager.

Both F1s works fine on my friends laptop which is a newer model Mac Book Pro 15 inch which has the same set up as mine.

What do I need to do so that Traktor can use the F1 and so the F1 buttons light up and can
    control my remix decks? This doesn't seem to be in the F1 manual.

My Mac Book Pro 17 inch Details:
    Mac Book Pro ( Model Identifier Macbook Pro4,1 ) 17 inch. Early 2008
    Build 10K549
    Mac OSX 10.6.8
    2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

14. steviemix

F1 not working

If you tried this including the upgrade in step 2:

1. Unplug F1 and close Traktor.
    2. Run the upgrade exe to Traktor 2.5 again. That installs the driver if you selected the F1 in the install.
    3. Plug in the F1.
    4. Launch Traktor.

and it still doesn't work then I suggest you call NI>

Steviemix

15. derajj.com

derajj.com Forum Member

I tried that from your earlier post but I run the upgrade to Traktor 2.5.1
    There is no selection for F1 in there.
    Even after the Traktor 2.5.1 reinstall the F1s still don't work

16. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Did you try and install the driver first?

17. steviemix

have you discussed this with NI support?

Steviemix