Getting Kore 2 to recognize all your .ksds

Discussion in 'KORE' started by ew, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Some of you may run into the problem where after the original scan/database build, none of the .ksds you had for Kore 1 (either user or NI or both) show up. This includes the factory libraries for instruments that use .ksd natively, such as Absynth, FM8 and Massive.

The fix is easy. Go to your options menu, and on the database page, uncheck the box that says "hide unavailable sounds". With some systems, Kore 2 will interpret this as any sound that isn't part of the Kore 2 library.

Close Kore and reboot your system. Now, open Kore. Everything should be there now. If it's not for some reason, rescan/rebuild and restart Kore at the end.

ew

2. gpax

gpax NI Product Owner

Thanks EW

I have had limited success with the FM8 ksd. While the content patch names all show up in the Kore 2 browser, I still have to manually load these from within FM 8, per the old way of doing things.

Massive and Abs. 4 load their patches fine, as do even older patches like FM 7.

I've done both a series of reinstalls and database recans/rebuilds, but this continues to behave as described. Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks for you continued input in these forums, btw.

g

3. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

?

I haven't heard of that happening. I'd try rebuilding FM8's database, and then rebuilding Kore's database.

ew

4. egor

egor NI Product Owner

I'm having a bit of Kore patch overload here on my Mac (OS 10.4.10). I, too, had the problem of Kore 1 patches not appearing in Kore 2. Before I discovered this thread, I thought I could "fix" the problem by going to Kore 2's Database Tab and clicking the "Full Scan" button. Well, that fixed it... and then some.

The problem is, I've been a Komplete user since v1. So, apparently, I have a lot of old Kore sounds dating back to, I believe, Komplete 3. For example, I have Absynth 3 patches showing up in Kore 2 (and attempting to open Abysnth 3 -- not Absynth 4) even though Absynth 3 is no longer on my computer. Similarly, I have FM7 sounds showing up in the Kore 2 browser (even though it, too, is long gone from my computer). I've rebuilt each plugin's database several times, and Kore 2's as well.

How do I get these patches that are still associated with retired plugins to stop appearing in my Kore 2 patch list? It seems that the offending patches are located in Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Shared Contents/Sounds. I would just "toss" these sounds in the trash except there are also sounds from Komplete 5 and Kore 2 in this directory, as well. So I don't know what I can and can't throw away.

5. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

If you're up to date as far as updates for Absynth and FM8 go (4.0.4 for Absynth, and 1.0.3 for FM8), you can delete the folders named Absynth 3 and FM7; the latest updates moved the previous version's content into the current app's sound folder. However, make sure you have all the patches; I know there's some missing from the Absynth 3 Factory folder (the new folder in the Absynth 4 sound folder) that are in the Absynth 3 folder.

ew

6. egor

egor NI Product Owner

Thanks, ew: I'll look into doing a bit of manual patch management.

Somewhere along the line, I've lost my ability to figure out where all NI patch information is stored. Perhaps it's just my perception, but it seems to change constantly, and my HD is littered with dozens of folders for each NI plugin in nearly every nook and cranny on my drive.

Is there a master map available that shows all the files currently needed and referenced by Komplete 5 and Kore 2, so I that I can do some manual patch cleanup (and eliminate some of my confusion)? Thanks.

7. gpax

gpax NI Product Owner

Thanks from me as well EW.

The 1.0.3 update to FM8 actually resolved the issue of the patches not loading in Kore 2 (at least for me).

Thanks again.
    pax

8. Saturnin79

Saturnin79 NI Product Owner

No sorry, that doesn"t work

I'm sorry but that doesn't work on my system. I have sent a message on the support section and got no answers (probably because you had an answer on the forum). I just GET REALLY SICK of Kore 2 (those shiny little knobs don't work anymore, the pedal input doesn't work, well...). Do you guys konw we spend a lot of money for Kore & Komplete and would expect, not only to buy the softwares we use, but to USE the softwares we buy ? Are we supposed to read one hundred pages on the forum in order to have it working ? Not talking about the Corrupted installation files messages i got under winXP (with no accurate answer from your support team ?). I wish I just never bought Komplete & Kore.

9. BobTheDog

BobTheDog NI Product Owner

Hi,

Have you unchecked the box that says "hide unavailable Sounds"?

Cheers

Andy

10. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Say what?

It's not my support team; I'm not a NI employee (most of us mods aren't). I'm a user just like you.

ew

11. Lowkus

Lowkus NI Product Owner

Argh, I just uninstalled Absynth3 this evening before reading this thread. Which Absynth3 patches are missing from the (Ab4) Absynth3 Factory folder? I need to see if I got them transfered over or not.

12. quicksound

quicksound Forum Member

I'd also like a reply to this post, if anybody could shed some light on it please. I also seem to have native instruments folders in several places on my hard drive, and have no idea where everything should be for Kore and Komplete.

Thanks,
    Gary

13. outofyabox

outofyabox Forum Member

Yeah, a master map would be great - so you could do a proper, clean organization of .ksds, samples and specific files for the respective NI instruments - and get rid of redundant folders.

Cheers,
    M.

14. JailMusic

JailMusic New Member

Konfused new Kore user

Hello,
    I have unchecked the "hide unavailable sounds" box and done a Full Scan for all the sounds on my drives. I rebooted, and all the sounds that I see when I am browsing in Kore 2 are from the Kore 2 Factory Library. Does this mean that none of my other NI instruments like Absynth, Reaktor, FM7 have not been seen or recognized?

Thank you for your suggestions.

JL

15. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

It probably means you haven't downloaded the .ksds for those instruments. Go and download the Komplete 4/5 .ksd installer from the update manager here on the site.

For FM7, I think you'd install the FM8 sounds and just keep the FM7 factory content folder, but I'm not sure...

Which version of Absynth? If you're using Absynth 4, they should definitely show up.

ew

16. JailMusic

JailMusic New Member

I ran the 4-5 Sound Installer, but my Absynth 3 Patches don't show up and neither does fm7. Is there something else I need to do?

17. atmidnight

atmidnight New Member

Hell I can't even figure out how to post a New Thread....
    I used Kore 1 from the get go, it was a terrific pain in the...
    Kore 2 WORSE... New Install, after New Install.... Of Course I've Scanned the World within My Computer an Infinitely, Hours upon Hours upon Hours Wasted... Wish Kore 2 Worked. I Just can't Make any sense of it.

Has Anyone, ASIDE from NI People, Ever had Kore Working 100%, Seriously? I do Feel Ripped-off most of the Time & Angry at the Promise of what Kore 2 Should Be.

I am Tired!

18. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Absynth 3 and FM7 were part of Komplete 3 and not 4 or 5. I'm not sure how you'd find the .ksds for those (they were part of the Kore 1 library); maybe download the demos of Absynth 4 and FM8 and save the .ksds for them out of that (they're in subfolders of the new versions' sound folders)? I'll ask...

ew

19. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

The new thread button at the bottom of the forum page, perhaps?

ew

20. JailMusic

JailMusic New Member

Thanks EW I really appreciate it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.