Getting Kore 2 to recognize all your .ksds

Discussion in 'KORE' started by ew, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrPsyence

DrPsyence New Member

Hi, I've had the same problems.I purchased komplete4 and Kore 1 last year and nothing worked properly so I waited for updates and the Kore2 software to come out. Still no joy. i followed the combined advice you all offered (unchecking the hide unavailable sounds, downloading the latest drivers and ksd's, rescanning etc ) and what I get is an increase in the number of sounds from 444 to approx. 4,500 ( still way off the 11,000+ promised ) and no vst's from Native Instruments or anyone else showing up. I am aghast at the lack of input from NI themselves on the subject. If they have offered advice to individuals and it wasn't posted on this site could someone point me in the right direction. As the Kore was touted as the means to assist musical creativity rather than being bogged down in finding sounds, it is ironic, is it not, that more of us are spending time in forums troubleshooting than banging out new tunes. NI take note: word of mouth is a two edged sword. Your products, when working, sound great, however customers will never darken your door again if so-called " complete solutions " fail repeatedly. Beta testing Guinea Pigs we are not. Thanking anyone in advance, from the Good Doctor.

2. DrPsyence

DrPsyence New Member

This could Fix your Kore Pluggin Woes

After posting yesterdays thread I decided to be brave and ask Kore to reset its Pluggin folder to somewhere else,rescanned,then rebooted,then loaded the Komplete4/5 ksd,rescanned and rebooted again. make sure that the database is rebuilt AFTER this. Reboot again and rescan. During all the above you should see Kore checking out Absynth3,FM7 files as its resyncing all the bits together. At the end reboot one last time and everything should now be available. What I found was that other programs such as Cubase etc. like to set their own VST host folders. As long as you tell Kore where these are to scan. As a result everything now works. If anyone is still stuck give me a shout and we'll try the step by step approach.;) Thought for the Day: happiness is infectious, who knows where it could end? Keep well. The Good Doctor

3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Well yes, it does help to set the plugin folder to where your plugins actually are :)

Best to have one central shared folder - you can set a default VST folder path using this utility:

http://asseca.com/setVSTpath/

4. terry1

terry1 NI Product Owner

Kymeia

Actually you can. I even did it during the install. Except I put the main program on drive C:\ where it would normally go but during the install i told it to set the vst plug-ins to D:\vst and the sound files to D:\NI sounds. Last but not least went to every stand alone program set the locations and rescanned everything. Next I worked on Kore 2. All is well.

5. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Can what?

6. terry1

terry1 NI Product Owner

Kymeia

Oops! sorry ment DrPsyence

7. DrPsyence

DrPsyence New Member

Thanks for support. However its the fact that there are 2 Vst folders appearing, one in the NI folder tree and a separate one not in the NI bit. I assume this is a Steinberg clone type of thing. All is well so far apart from Reaktor and some of its ensembles and instruments. They show they are getting a midi input but show no output audio or midi. I shall now trawl through the forum in search of unlocking the full power of Reaktor as all I've done with it sofar is play around on a few presets. If anyone is feeling generous ( or board ) enough for a few tips, that would be great! Otherwise it's RTFM time. Thought for the Day: Bedroom Musicians, get out there and play! It really makes a change to hear and see different types of music LIVE. People will appreciate it and who knows what after that. Plus if you PRS register you get paid even if you didn't make any cash on the night.;)

8. samplerbanker

samplerbanker NI Product Owner

Hi,

When selecting Kore 2 in Cubase 5, all the NI VST instruments I can can see are these only:
    * Akoustik Piano
    * Battery 3
    * Elektrik Piano
    * 3 versions of Kontakt
    * Reaktor

The Options/Database "Hide unavailable sounds" is off.

At the Options/Plug-ins I made a full rescan, saw those missing one (FM8, Massive, etc) existing, but after the re-scan and full Cubase 5 restart I still can not see them. :angry:

Where the hell these plug-ins are?

Please help...

sb

9. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

If they're showing up in standalone Kore, they'll show up in the plugin version. Rescan your plugins in Cubase.

ew

10. davidkhuffman

davidkhuffman New Member

so, has anybody ever produced a "master map" of where all the various files for Kore and Komplete out to go?

my problem may be compounded because i'm trying to install everything on my D: drive, since my C: drive is now a 64G SSD.

dh

11. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

The things in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments have to be there. You can move Absynth's sample content after the fact (be sure to change the location in Absynth's options when you're done).

Anything that goes in My Documents\Native Instruments can be moved. Any folder that's normally hidden (there's installer folders in Documents and Settings\all users\Application Data and Native Instruments folders both there and at Documents and Settings\*your user account*\Local Settings\Application Data) have to stay where they are.

You shouldn't run into problems, though. On my C:\ drive, I've got my OS, things that absolutely need to be installed on C:\, my mp3s (which takes up about a third of the space I'm using), my user content for my NI stuff (my user Kore library's the biggie here) and various odds and ends. I've even still got my Absynth samples there, and my Absynth sample folder's about a gig and a half. And, with all of that, I'm still under 28 GB used.

ew

12. davidkhuffman

davidkhuffman New Member

Ah. That's a bummer. I moved Common Files to D:, and I've got everything seeming to work in Kore (e.g., there are 10,659 instruments showing up in the list) except that the "attributes" columns to the left of the list are all blank.

Is that because i moved Common Files, or is there some other thing borked?

So, I went through each of the apps in Komplete and pointed them all to D:Common Files instead of C:Common Files. Is this just a doomed enterprise that I should immediately abandon? This seems like an unfortunate inflexibility in Kore/Komplete, no? Or am I missing something important.

The other issue I'm having in an error popping up that "kconvert.dll is not installed properly". Do I just reinstall Kore 2, or do I need to go through the Komplete 5 disks again?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Best,
    Dave

13. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

That's a Vista compatibility thing. The apps themselves expect to see things in C:\Program Files\Common Files. While the .ksds will just be looked at as being in a different user location, there's some things (such as your kconvert issue) that can't be resolved.
    See the above.

ew

14. OmarChavezJr

OmarChavezJr New Member

I'm seeing 6500 or so sounds...but i should have about 8300 (kore and kompletes 7500 + some kore soundpacks).

I now for sure i cant see the pro-53 sounds. I've already tried uncheck the hidden sounds box and rescaning.

im on OS X. There ARE .ksd files for pro-53 in user/library/applicaitonsupport/nativeinstruments/kore2/database chache folder.

Any ideas?
    ---
    Alright ran the the KORE sounds installer and this fixed my problem. 10500 sounds now available. (komplete plue koresoundpacks.)

15. Sobek

Sobek New Member

Hi,

I'm using Cubase 4 running on Mac OS X 10.6.1. I have Kore 2/Maschine/Komplete 6, and I'm having trouble getting all my sounds to appear in Kore 2. I've done the uncheck box/rescan and while that makes new entries appear in the Kore 2 Library, most of them don't actually make any sound when loaded.

Where am I going wrong, and what are the directories that the key programs and sounds need to live in for everything to be "found"?

Thanks

16. graemeb

graemeb New Member

Same problem here - I have had Kore 2 installed on my Vista laptop for several months. Yesterday I installed Komplete6, and after checking that everything was working (ie; individual components such as as Absynth, Kontakt), I then tried the Kore2 re-scan. Lots and lots of new entries appeared, but none of them produce any sound.

The little MIDI light is flashing, and the Kore2 factory sounds work fine. I am not a professional musician or computer whizz, so I am in need of help to get this working as advertised.

Thanks,

17. graemeb

graemeb New Member

Well - this is obviously not the place to ask questions regarding NI products. Where can I go to get help?

Very disappointed customer here!

18. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

They should be working. You might want to check channel settings and the like. Also, if you're using Vista64, make sure your .ksds and plugins are in your x86 folders.

ew

19. 4tella

4tella New Member

Hello Ew, Sowari,

I've just recently bought Komplete 6 and Kore 2 hardware.
    Could you, please specify, what would be the procedure for integrating K6 sounds to Kore 2 (OSX)? Is there Komplete.ksd installer for K6?

Thanks.
    ---
    Ah, ok..

It looks like I should study this topic:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94383
    Anyway, any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks.

20. Henning @ NI

Henning @ NI NI Team NI Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.