GETTING THAT RADIO READY SOUND ONLY WITH MASCHINE???

Discussion in 'Music made with Maschine' started by BsF, Sep 27, 2018.

1. BsF

BsF NI Product Owner

HOW?
    ANYBODY KNOW?

My music sounds A BIT lower and denser than the stuff you hear on the radio/APPLEM/SPOTIFY...

why and if i want can i use ONLY maschine to get that sound and feeling?!....

....I know producers use maschine with FL or Pro Tools etc. to get that sound and switch back and forth to normalize and blah blah blah but all I have is maschine rn SO
    ANYONE with experience would be a BIG help

these are my songs: https://soundcloud.com/bathefaith

PLEASE, id really appreciate it.

thank you.

:)

2. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

Do you have any third party plugins or do you only use Maschine's internal plugins?

3. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

the loudness war, the volume knob is your friend.

but i must admit, i use loudness war "gear", like the stealth limiter.

sometimes i think i made the wrong choice, that every project/track i made, i get the maximixer off. i used most of the times the L2 maximizer.

but a few projects aren't accessible anymore, i think. but most projects i have a non mastered version.

mastering is big word, for only using a maximizer.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BsF

BsF NI Product Owner

no everything maschine

5. BsF

BsF NI Product Owner

So you are saying to turn the volume up? That hurts when trying to listen back... same with the Maximizer...

6. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

In that case you're gonna be struggling, with some third party additions it's perfectly feasible though. I do pretty much everything inside Maschine but, granted, I'm not trying to sound all that radio-ready or (having them) mastered for maximum 'perceptual loudness' (perceptual being the key word there). If people really want to 'enjoy' music on crap speakers, they're not gonna enjoy mine anyway. I do want everything to sound big though.. and Maschine definitely delivers there.

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  8. savagealexis

savagealexis New Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. BsF

BsF NI Product Owner

10. BsF

BsF NI Product Owner

I get what your saying but im talking about music on the radio or spotify or apple music... no one is talking about crappy speakers

11. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

It's a good start but I would also use an EQ before this mastering tool. Just try it and read about mastering.

Uwe

12. Don D'vil

Don D'vil NI Product Owner

You might not like this suggestion but Ableton Live is an excellent DAW with a ton of effects and compressors that will boost and thicken your sound in an instance. The learning curve is short and it will carry your production far into the future. I still use version 8 because I have no interest in Push. Its still a recording powerhouse for me. Just my humble opinion. Cheers

13. Don D'vil

The beat was made in Maschine and vocals done in Ableton Live

• Like Like x 1
  14. Don D'vil

This was all done in Maschine.

Good Luck! Keep it Lit & Banging!

• Like Like x 2
  15. YOung Fizz

YOung Fizz NI Product Owner

To get the "radio ready sound" with maschine only i feel comes down to understanding how to use the tools it provides, such as eq, compression, filters, effects, reverbs etc. Always start with quality samples !

• Like Like x 1
  16. BsF

BsF NI Product Owner

THIS SOUNDS GREAT FOR ONLY MASCHINE! HOW DID U DO IT ?!

17. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

Nice flowz.....i agree would be nice to know your workflow on this track in maschine

18. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

I'm afraid it's not that simple. In mixing, everything is connected, so the end result is dependant on the song, the sounds, the fx, equalization, compression, limiting and more. Getting a clear and crisp song is imho not something you learn in a short time or accomplish with one plugin. It takes practice, reading, watching tutorials and listening carefully.

Limiter6 is a great tool though. And free. Same goes for Voxengo Span.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BsF

BsF NI Product Owner

STILL WAITING DON

20. BsF

BsF NI Product Owner