1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Give us control of the time-stretch keylock quality

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by Gerald M. Bazillion, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Gerald M. Bazillion

Gerald M. Bazillion New Member

The music I play is UK Hardcore/Hardstyle/Gabber which has a lot of distorted sounding bass. In version 2.11.1, you developers removed the ECO mode under the Transport>Keylock>Quality section, and forced it to run on HIQ mode all the time. HIQ sounds great when you slow down a track from it's base BPM, but it sounds horrendous when you speed up a track from it's base BPM. The distorted bass kicks sound muddy and lack any punch/crunch. The ECO mode actually fixed this problem. (If you want, I can provide audio examples of it). This problem even persists in current Traktor Pro 3 with your new Elastique 3 engine.

I would like to see you guys bring back the ECO mode, and give us control over their time-stretch quality settings. I also would like for you to implement a dynamic hybrid quality mode as well. For example...

1.) If you slow down a track from it's base BPM, then the time-stretch engine will go into HIQ mode.
    2.) If you speed up the track from it's base BPM, then the time-stretch engine will go into ECO mode.

I think this hybrid mode would sound a lot better then the current implementation you guys have going right now.