1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Global modifiers in controller manager

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by mykejb, Dec 30, 2013.

1. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

Could a few 'global' modifiers be added to the controller manager? Like M1-M8 but G1-G8 or something?

That way (for example) the shift button on an X1 could be used to modify the action of the controls on the Z1 for NI controllers, and I'm sure it'd be useful for people who use non-NI MIDI controllers too

Mike

2. dj wo k

dj wo k NI Product Owner

+100000000...... :)

3. Rudi-J

Rudi-J NI Product Owner

4. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

This would be great. We could have both private modifiers per page, and global modifiers overall

5. psifidelicat

psifidelicat New Member

Yes Please!
    I was wishing for this like a dozen times and now find out it already has been asked for here a while ago. And again there seems to be little interest...

...which I don't understand because it would be endlessly useful. The aforementioned combo of Z1 and X1 is really asking for it but it would open up so much more possibilities with any combination of controllers. Would be customization heaven of any advanced setup. It is by far the biggest limitation of Traktors controller mapping capabilities and an unnecessary one imho.

The MLM Concept by Rudi-J, while very inventive and awesome, remains kind of a hack and not an option for me since it requires 2 additional utilities to be installed, one of which doesn't seem to have received any treatment since more than half a decade. That's asking for trouble and I'd like my live performance system reliable and crash resistant.

6. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

+1

Those could be extremely useful for HID+MIDI mapping setup.

7. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

8. Scoox

Scoox NI Product Owner

This was requested in 2009, but it's not been implemented and IMO it would be extremely useful.

Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a Midi Fighter Twister (MFT) which has a bunch of rather inconveniently placed side buttons. These buttons can be programmed to switch banks and to function as Shift buttons. The problem is that the buttons are on the side and they are very stiff, so they are very hard to press. There are not buttons on the top. With global modifiers, I could assign a button on my Launchpad to act as a Shift button, and then have the encoders of the MFT would take on different functions depending on the value of the global modifier.

I also have an USB footswitch (essentially it looks like a regular typing keyboard to the computer) which I would love to use as a foot-operated Shift button. Global modifiers would enable this.

Even if this feature doesn't profit NI directly, I think it certainly would benefit their customers, which can only a be a good thing. This feature shouldn't be too hard to implement compared with all the other wizardry Traktor has going on.

Thank you :)