1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

[Guide] - Cubase + Maschine MIDI Routing & Integration

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Jun 14, 2017.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yes, it's possible but it's has pros and cons.
    The Audio and MIDI are unrelated, you can set each one as you want.

In the case of only needing one Group, you can use the default "Sounds to MIDI Channels" and use a MIDI Track per Pad but with this approach, you have to arm one MIDI track at a time, which means recording one Pad at a time. Cubase cant use a different MIDI Channel Input per MIDI Track, it listens to all channels to record, only the output uses channels, at least the version I have. If this one pad at a time recording can work for you let me know and I'll tell you the settings.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nocatchphraze

nocatchphraze NI Product Owner

oddly enough, i record drums out one pad at a time vs finger drumming a cadence....
    mainly because i like to utilize the 16 pad velocity mode for kicks and hi hats only. i leave the snare set to a fixed velocity.
    please share if you dont mind. that would be freaking great!

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

A lot of people do that. In that case, it fits you just fine. Start a fresh Group, ignore all the MIDI crap in this guide, I won't cover the Audio Part as that is the same, I'll do it for 3 Pads, just follow the same logic for all the other ones.

Sound > Input > MIDI
    - Set all Pads to Destination to be Host and give each one a different channel.
    Sound > Output > MIDI
    - Set all Pads to Destination to be Host and give each one a different channel. (the channels should already be set by default)
    In Cubase create One MIDI Track per Pad, set their inputs to be "Maschine Midi Out" and output to be "Maschine MIDI In", give each MIDI track an exclusive Channel. Done.

Gif will be a bit too fast but this is rather simple. Example project attached.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. nocatchphraze

nocatchphraze NI Product Owner

yo! thanks so much!

just played around with it and...i think its much better/quicker to just leave the group on one channel LOL
    i mean...i could just export the midi as wav directly into the session and individually edit/mix the drums that way.
    thanks again, man!

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2020