1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

[GUIDE] Custom Maschine VST window size. (Mac)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Oct 18, 2018.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Maschine Plugin (VST) is not resizable, that can be annoying especially when you have a hi-res screen or just want full-screen resolution. This is going to be a small guide on how to change the default pixel resolutions of the Small, Medium or Large predefined sizes in the VST version.

1. Open Finder and press CMD+SHIFT+G (Or select "Go" from the menubar)
    2 . Paste this:
    Code:
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Maschine 2.vst/Contents/Resources/skin/stylesheets/Maschine/Panels/
    3. Open the file named "TopLevel.txt" with a Text Editor of your choice.
    4. Right at the start of the file are the pixel values, change it to whatever you want, which ones will affect which preset is pretty obvious. (highlighted in pink)
    5. Save the file and open your DAW and enjoy whatever window size you want.
    [​IMG]

If you have no idea what pixel size you want just use the OSX Screen-Shot tool (Shift+CMD+4), drag a rectangle across the screen and it shows the pixel dimensions, take note of those and then use it in the "TopLevel.txt" file. This should also work for the AU version but I haven't tested it since I don't use Logic.

My display is 3440x1440, since the top Menu Bar and Side Dock take some space I have chosen my "Large" size to be 3381x1417 which results in making the VST "full screen" for me. Heres a screenshot of my screen: :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

Great find! I've just been playing around with Resource Hacker in Windows and was able to achieve the same thing.
    Now all we need is a way to make 'Large' the default view :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. D-One

HACKER! Banned! :p
    Change the size of the "Small" view, that's the default one.
    The name will no longer be descriptive but it does the job

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

The best tip I have ever got on here. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Omg. Finally.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

Technically we are not allowed to do this, as we don't own the software but only a license to use it. I'm quite sure the license agreement states it is not allowed to modify the software in any way.

6. D-One

I never read it, I would probably fall asleep halfway in but yes, no doubt, that must be there for sure.
    I think that sort of rule is aimed at more serious stuff tho, this is just a minor edit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Dammit. Doesn't work for me.... oh well. Mac OSx high Sierra. I changed the values but still same size.

8. D-One

This worked for me in El Capitan, High Sierra, and Mojave. You must be missing something...

9. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Probably. I'll try again later.

10. GuiGeek

GuiGeek New Member

hello

can you explain how you do on windows please ?

thank

11. GuiGeek

GuiGeek New Member

it's ok i found it in stylesheet MASCHINE/PANELS/TOPLEVEL.TXT :)

12. D-One

Can you post a small description of how you found it and what you used to edit? Just so if windows users end here they know what to do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GuiGeek

GuiGeek New Member

backup your original maschine.exe first.

with resource hacker open maschine.exe, find in left tree : stylesheet, MASCHINE/PANELS/TOPLEVEL.TXT

edit as you want

compile script (F5)

save maschine.exe

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. m911

m911 New Member

This is awesome! Thanks guys :thumbsup:

(btw I'm on windows, did both my standalone and plugin)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Wow Awesome ! Thanks D !

Messing around with it I could achieve cool things like completely hide Arrangement view or Group view and enlarge Modulation field more which is very nice to work painful lfo modulation !! thats great.. though I could'n find how to enlarge the scale of the 0.00/1.00 ruler... still it is very handy ! thanks !

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. D-One

:) Interesting, never thought of that.
    Now that you mention it, I don't really understand why Maschine uses such a scale for modulation instead of just 0-127, even without edits we can draw values below 0 or above 1.00 that won't be read by VSTi's so why is it there? For analog external synths? The bigger the windows the more we can go below/above 0.0-1.0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

True. And this is just a value to change somewhere... But where? :D

18. D-One

I don't think it's a value, it's more likely some math-code that divides the range based on what can possibly be visible, also if the range above-below 0-1 is there for a reason attempting to remove it wont work anyway.

19. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

20. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

you can always set minimum and maximum of rotary knobs, something missung in the gui coding I guess