1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Custom User Group "Expansions" with thumbnails.

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Mar 15, 2018.

1. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

in the effort you are doing there, Yes, let me test.
    Win 10 64 & 32 bit.

thank you for all your efforts.:thumbsup:

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

For Windows, you guys can try the alpha application release, link here: Download.

It works on my Windows 10 but some forum members reported that it doesn't do anything for them.
    Don't test it in your real library though, copy a couple of sounds/groups to a folder somewhere, run the app on that folder, add it to your Maschine library and re-scan.

3. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

cool will definetly try it out

Uwe

4. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

What are the steps once Nimbank is open??

5. D-One

Open the folder with the application and type in a product name of your choosing and click run.
    After a rescan your library should show under its own thumbnail in Maschine.

6. dieserhering

dieserhering New Member

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me neither, but highly appreciate your efforts!

7. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I went back to try this again and I noticed something...not sure if this helps or not..but with the Nimbank tool 'run' and 'exit' buttons don't function at all...

maybe that's the issue?

8. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

The same thing happens to me, run and exit does nothing.

René

9. D-One

Disregard the alpha... Maybe it works on my Windows PC because I have python installed, not sure...
    Without anyone with more development knowledge to at least answer a few questions I cant make this happen without sacrificing either too much time or money, so anyone who wants to use this will have to learn how to use python commands with the original script (which is not that hard anyway...)

It a shame, so many users here claim they are devs, for someone with a bit of experience this probably could be done in 15min...

• Like Like x 1
  10. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I will dedicate some time to this tomorrow and this weekend.

I forgot that I uninstalled Python LOL....I'm going to try both 2.x and 3.x and see what hapoens

11. Gray Sun

Gray Sun New Member

Can any of these methods allow me to edit the bank field of a NKSF file for the custom presets I saved for my vst plugins? I would like to arrange all my custom presets for my vst plugins under specific banks.

Thanks

12. D-One

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. daslicht

daslicht NI Product Owner

I started creating a Electron App, the basic functions are working so far :

[​IMG]

But to be finished it needs further time to invested

• Like Like x 4
  14. D-One

OOOOHH :thumbsup:
    Electron is cross-platform right? Cool...
    If I can somehow help with anything let me know, I am no software dev but I have some graphic design skills.
    Are planning to make this open-source or private?

15. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Nice to see it moves a bit here.. This is a nice project and would be very handy

16. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Great news!!

17. daslicht

daslicht NI Product Owner

Still not sure, at the moment you need developer skills to overview what is going on under the hood, or if something went wrong.

Electron is cross platform, but executing the python code not really, since windows and mac have different path' / vs \
    So that needs some efford to coded properly crossplatform
    The plan is to add a GUI which shows the current embedded metadata when dragging one or more files to the app. Another handy feature would be that you can drag an image to teh app and it will automatically create the NI Resouces for you :) That would be even handy for 3rd party VST's...
    But coding all that stuff takes time, ya know time is money.
    Since I am a freelancer priorities are determined by the incoming money, so it may take some time, until I find some time to spend on this project :/
    Probably I should start a patreon action about that, than I could spend more time on it ?!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  18. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I'd be more than happy to donate if this means the guts will get reworked for Windows.

19. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Does anybody know how to change the background color of the area where the patches are displayed??

IMG_20190403_200714~2.jpg

I want the patch area of the display to match the color of the plugin logo srtwork...like the stock NI and NKS plugins do

20. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

They are hidden in the color.db file.

René