Guitar center and komplete 8 crossgrade...

Discussion in 'Sales Questions (Archive)' started by Nixhex3, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Nixhex3

Nixhex3 New Member

Guitar center is driving me crazy... No ultimate crossgrade and I would really like to take advantage of the 15 percent off and no interest financing. Should I just buy the ultimate and spend an extra 200 just to have it or wait? Dilemma!

2. jgraham.composer

jgraham.composer New Member

Just wait until the end of the year, a few months before Komplete 9 comes out, and grab a copy of Komplete 8 at a discount. Or just wait until Komplete 9 comes out - the upgrade price seems to apply to *all* past versions of Komplete.

3. justcharlie

justcharlie NI Product Owner

This is good advice. Wait a few months until Komplete 8 is discounted.

4. Nixhex3

Nixhex3 New Member

They actually said it will be available in a week or so... I'll get it when they offer 100 dollars off... Unless komplete 9 is released by then

5. TraumaBeatsDrama

TraumaBeatsDrama NI Product Owner

i bought a komplete 8 upgrade through them with the site having no indication of it being backordered.

i then got a backorder notification. and the site said it will be released the 5th of september... nbd right?

that day passes, no confirmation of delivery.

i send an email to support, its going to be released mid-september. no expected date or anything.

yup.
    ---
    the site still has no indication of it being backordered...
    just saying.

6. Nixhex3

Nixhex3 New Member

I talked to someone awhile back and he said he would call me when the ultimate crossgrade is available. He said that it would be released in mid September, which makes sense since I saw on another website a date of September 20th. The ultimate crossgrade was announced later so I assume this is the reason for the delay. He also said he saw it on the site then they took it down.. So maybe you ordered it in that brief window it was online? Sucks because the labor day 15% off and 12 month no interest would have been sweet! I would just hang in there because they should be calling you as well as me soon...

7. TraumaBeatsDrama

I got the update, not the crossgrade. that is still up on their website as on sale without indication of backorder. lol

8. Zsklar

Zsklar NI Product Owner

Well I ordered my Komplete 8 Ultimate Crossgrade from Guitar Center in Hollywood, CA last Tuesday. I applied my 15% off coupon. The salesman said I should have in a couple of days. It's now Monday of the following week and they have my money, and I am still without my product. I called the salesman on Friday and he said he didn't know why it hasn't come in yet and he would contact his N.I. rep. Still haven't heard a thing.

I have no idea what is going on. Might cancel the order if it takes much longer. Has ANYONE received a crossgrade Komplete 8 Ultimate yet? If so, from where?

9. Nixhex3

Nixhex3 New Member

My opinion which is based on what other sites are saying when ultimate crossgrade will be available, is that they should start getting stock in on September 20th. The man I talked to said he was abused that it should be available to preorder this week... Will let you know if I get a call. Also... What was the price you paid... According to this guy he thought he saw it listed for 699.99. I'm pissed I couldn't preorder it when they had the 15%. I did buy maschine with a 10% discount and saw GChad a coupon for 100 dollars off... So I went back to get the better discount and they ended up giving me the 100 dollars off on top of the ten percent... Winning!

10. TraumaBeatsDrama

i have it already ordered, just waiting for the money to leave my accnt. i got the coupon too lol.

i sent another support email, said that there was nothing to be found on their computers about komplete 8 ultimate. so where they told me mid-september, and telling you guys dates... idk how. either way, it is getting close to mid-september, and the 20th, so i guess we'll see.

And i just realized, sweetwater is saying they will recieve the upgrade and crossgrade the week of the 18th.

so GC is not the only one on hold. NI must have waited to ship the ultimate packages.

11. TraumaBeatsDrama

Date i received through support is sept. 28

12. Nixhex3

Nixhex3 New Member

Sept. 28th sounds good... Even if it comes out this week I won't have time to mess with it.... And hopefully a 15 percent or 100 dollar off option is in the works for the end of September... Seeing as I should have had it during the labor day sale if it would have been available to preorder...

13. Nixhex3

Nixhex3 New Member

Well it's September 28th... No mention of it on their website yet... 100 dollar coupon till Friday... Hoping..