1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Guitar Combos, Win 10 64 bit?

Discussion in 'GUITAR COMBOS' started by Fibble, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Fibble

Fibble New Member

I have a registered copy of Guitar Combos ACID edition that was included with Acid Pro 7. It has recently started crashing -- all three amps, regardless of whether i use them as VSTs in a host (Reaper) or as the standalones. The symptom is that they launch and then seem to lock up before any interface appears.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, running installer as administrator, etc etc. At this point my Service Center shows an authorized copy of Combos but also shows individual entries for the three amps that show as not authorized, and I have no idea why.

Is anyone Guitar Combos on Windows 10 64 bit? Am I just hitting an incompatibility?

If so... I have quite a lot of past projects that make use of this plugin that I now can't load.

I found the .bnk files for the original presets. I have Rig 5 Factory Selection, but cannot seem to make use of the presets I downloaded.

I've ordered Guitar Rig 5 as an upgrade from Combos, but it apparently requires manual approval so I am waiting. My assumption is that with the full Rig I will be able to use those presets to at least get the projects to sound the same. Correct?

2. solger

solger NI Product Owner

I don't know Guitar Combos, but GR5 can import .bnk files in general.

In the meantime you could also download the GR5 demo for testing and trying to import and use the presets:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/guitar-rig-5-pro/downloads/

You can also contact NI Support about this: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/company/contact-ni/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  3. Fibble

Fibble New Member

Thanks! As it happens, my order for the full Pro license came through this morning, so I will just jump in and try to get the .bnk files working.

4. Skidaddle

Skidaddle New Member

I've just bought another W10 64, the 3rd I've ran Guitar Combo 2 on and although I did have trouble it was later than your issues. My guess is you've either succeeded or given up by now.