1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice
  2. You can find all the latest news on macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Apple M1 compatibility for our products here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013515618

Dismiss Notice

Guitar connected through guitar link yet no sound is generated :/ GR4, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by Mr LP7, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr LP7

Mr LP7 New Member

This has been killing me for my entire day D:

I have connected my guitar through a 'guitar link' which has an input of a standard guitar lead and two outputs. One which is a usb that goes directly into the computer, and the other is a plug for a standard speaker jack. I drew a very brief diagram of my setup and attached it as 'guitar rig.pnd'.

I installed a driver called 'ASIO4ALL v2'. Based on a manual i got with my 'guitar link' I adjusted the settings under "File>Audio and MIDI Settings..." so that they are:
    Driver: ASIO
    Devise: Behringer USB Audio
    (status: running)
    Sample Rate: 44100

I simply did all this and connected everything as appropriate yet GR4 doesnt seem to generate any noise.

Aditional Info:
    - There is absolutely no responce from GR4. The tuner doesnt pick up any notes or anything. My lead isnt faulty as it work when used in an amp.
    - I can still manage to play audio files through my speakers that are plugged as an output through the 'guitar link'.

Ive tried every other alternative and can't figure it out! :/ Im hoping its some rediculously obvious thing Ive missed but I cant find anything.

Please Help! :(

Attached Files:

2. jimfist

jimfist Forum Member

3. Mr LP7

Mr LP7 New Member

Ive tried all that and get up to step 8 where it says i should an input level. But my input level just sits at minimum.

Ive made sure both the inputs and the outputs are selected in Routing and ive made sure the on the 'guitar link' its self that the volume is up and the level is set to 'high'.

:/

4. Mr LP7

Mr LP7 New Member

UPDATE:
    Under "ROUTING" under "AUDIO AND MIDDI SETTINGS" in the inputs section. It says that both are not connected. As so:
    att.jpg

5. Mr LP7

Mr LP7 New Member

Nevermind I solved that and they now say "in" but still no sound :/

6. jimfist

jimfist Forum Member

OK. A couple of things you can try:

- open up one of the TAPE DECKs and load some audio content into it, and try to play it back. Refer to the manual on how to do this if you are not familiar, but all you are doing is opening up an audio file to play back through Guitar Rig.

If you still have no luck getting audio to play back OUT of Guitar Rig, then for some reason your computer is not "seeing" your Guitar Link. When you plug in the USB cable of the Guitar Link, does your computer give you a little pop up in the bottom right hand corner telling you that it has found your USB device? If your computer recognizes the Guitar Link, then there must be some confusion within the computer as to the assignment of audio.

Here is an interesting thread I found:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87173

It suggests downloading the latest ASIO4ALL drivers for the Guitar Link, and also going into your computer's Device Manager and Disabling the built-in audio card that comes with your computer. ( I do this every time I use Guitar Rig, just to avoid the possibility of confusion with audio addressing). Make sure you "disable" and not "uninstall" the audio device. (see attached image) If you want to go back and use your computer's internal sound card at some point, just "enable" it in the Device Manager.

It also suggests trying different USB ports. You'll want to make sure that the USB port is supplying enough power to the Guitar Link for the thing to work, so if you have an ACTIVELY POWERED (meaning plugged into the wall) USB hub kicking around, you may want to use it.

Attached Files:

7. Mr LP7

Mr LP7 New Member

Thanks man that helped heaps! Got it working! :)

8. jimfist

jimfist Forum Member

cool. i hope the headache and effort were worth it in the end for you. Enjoy!

9. Mr LP7

Mr LP7 New Member

aha me too man :) thanks heaps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.