Guitar Players, a place to swap patches for your effects.

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Studiowaves, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

This thread is for guitar players who have created effects made for guitars.
    If you play guitar and have made some cool effects and would like to trade ensembles and patches; this is the place. The user library is too vast and there appears to be no easy way to interact with each other. If you don't play guitar it's ok to post your ensembles as long as they are effects designed for guitarists.

2. Studiowaves

Anyone do any tube modeling?

3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Kontour a commercial product by NI.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Studiowaves

I'll check into it, sounds like they're on the right track. Tubes have a contour to them, the envelope produced is from a lot of things. Things like falling plate voltage and heat variances. I'm sure a Reaktor simulation is possible too. I had a bit off success by using a square root and sending the signal in on a pedestal of .707. The output was .5 with no input. It's close to a single class A biased tube. But there is no envelope simulation so it's a bit drab.

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

IMO Guitar Rig works with impulse responses to image old amps.

6. Studiowaves

I like convolution, very impressed that Colin made one in Reaktor. Spose there is no stopping us now. I like to play for an hour or so a day then play with Reaktor. Been doing a lot of yard work lately, putting up a shed to hold the tools I bought to build the shed. lol We do a little gardening. Anyway here's a little example of a tube simulator. Tubes aren't exactly square roots of a signal but they seem pretty close. Kinda cool to fatten up a sound. I try to keep the peaks below -6 db or it starts sounding pretty bad. Probably needs a lot more to sound like guitar Rig. I was thinking of following it up with Colins convolution and see what happens. Anything to beat the heat after gardening sounds good to me. lol

Attached Files:

7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

8. Studiowaves

Pretty nice, very relaxing. I hear a saw in Arid Prairie, not like a saw tooth wave but a long wood saw. Also a spring sound every once in while and bubbles. And I thought I was insane. lol It's too bad the Rolling Stones didn't put this on their Satanic Majesties request album, it would fit right in. Pretty cool Paule. I would like to sneek this into my friends weekly party, That would be fun. talk later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Studiowaves

I cascaded two Class A tube simulators. Scope A is stage 1 and B is stage 2. The slider in the middle swing between the two and the spectrum analyzer displays the output. As can be seen and heard stage 1 has significantly more 2nd harmonic distortion than stage 2. Generally keeping the music peaks below 3db works for the most part. Not bad for a bass guitar. Pretty easy to chose the amount of 2nd harmonic distortion with the slider. The second upload accepts an input instead of the sine generator. Might be a decent start , plan on adding a cabinet sim using Colins genius convolution. Hey a free tube amp sim. I guess we'll see. Wish I had a Waldorf parametric filter. Their stuffs pretty good. Try a bass synth and see if it fattens it up, I need some sleep, , FM12 has a decent enough bass. Later Paule, zzzzzzz's for me.

Attached Files:

10. Studiowaves

11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Be a member of internet archive, click on upload and paste one file in the upper window.
    At first I copy a picture with the name for the upload. Then paste the songs in the right side and give a description and keywords.

12. Studiowaves

Easy enough, thanks. I'll try to upload something and see if it works.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Studiowaves

Thanks for the library. I have a library card but didn't know about the internet library. I signed up and found sounds from NASA launches. Talk about clipping the microphone, I rocket will certainly do it. check this out. https://archive.org/details/NasaLaunchAudio/12-Nasa-Delta2Launch-Mgs.wav

14. Studiowaves

Had a chance to play my bass straight in to the sound card and it's not bad, sounds pretty close to my homemade tube amp at mild distortions, hard clipping is for from being close, shows tube modeling needs a lot more.

15. Studiowaves

This one is stereo with a bypass switch.

Attached Files: