1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Guitar Rig 1 and Macbook Pro problems

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by nogoodnames, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nogoodnames

nogoodnames New Member

Hi

I am having problems getting my macbook pro to recognise the rig kontrol 1. Setup as follows, guitar into channel 1 > rig kontrol channel 1 + 2 out > macbook line-in.

In mac sound settings, as soon as I turn rig kontrol on, the line-in sound meter is maxed out and no sound or signal is seen in guitar rig.
    When I go into guitar rig preferences, Input is on 'not connected' and you can't change anything. Output is on 'Internal output'.

I have tried muting the line-in, changing rig kontrol to on and auto, L and R and still no sound registering.

Can anyone help me to get this wired up and recognised correctly?

Thanks

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

3. nogoodnames

nogoodnames New Member

Tried creating Aggregate Device but no joy

Hi ew,

Thanks for the pointers.

I created a new device in the midi setup, as per the first screenshot attached. When I go into the GR preferences, the ouput screen does not have 'Guitar Rig' on the list, only built-in outputs. The input screen still says both channels are 'not connected'. Have tried deleting and recreating the aggregate device and still nothing.

I have tested the RK with a set of headphones and one channel is making the control beeps and the other is amplifying my guitar. So still a problem with the mac recognising the input I'm guessing.

Thanks for your help so far, maybe I need to contact NI tech?

Jamie

Attached Files:

4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Wait until Marc wakes up. Maybe he's got an idea...

ew

5. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

You need to go to the Soundcard tab and select "Guitar Rig" there. What worries me is that it looks like you're on an older version of Guitar Rig. Which version of GR are you using. If it really is Guitar Rig 1, it will not work on a MacBook Pro. Please advise.

6. nogoodnames

nogoodnames New Member

Hi Marc,

Yeah I've tried selecting Guitar Rig in the soundcard tab and still no joy.

It is GR ver 1.2.1.1 with RK 1, so as you said, it won't work with my Macbook Pro, damn!

Will it make any difference if I got myself an M-audio usb box?

Thanks for the help

7. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.