Guitar Rig 5 to work with Cubase 7 Elements

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by JJJJJJJJJ, Nov 15, 2018.

1. JJJJJJJJJ

JJJJJJJJJ New Member

I searched online trying to figure this out.

Guitar Rig 5 with Cubase 7 Elements on a Windows 10 PC using a Zoom UAC-2 interface.

I already tried copying the guitar rig .dll file into VST, like it says to do everywhere online. Guitar rig still doesn't appear in INSERTS or VST instruments.

HOWEVER, when I open GR5 from my desktop it it plays using my guitar through the interface, and into Cubase even. BUT, it only plays on the main channel of the mix console. It will not show up in a track. Thus I cannot adjust the volume without adjusting the whole song's volume, if that makes any sense. Sorry I do not know all the correct terms for these things.

Other clues: I think I had two versions of GR 5 at some point. The original .dll file shows that it was originally copied to VST 5 years ago. But I just recently switched Cubase and licenses to a new computer. And then downloaded GR5 from online. That's when I think it said I had another older version.

Anyway, it's highly annoying. Everything else seems to be running fine in Cubase. Addictive Drums, Midi, other inserts, tracks have volumes that I can adjust within the track. I laid down drum, and bass tracks and ran into this headache when I tried to add guitar to the song.

2. solger

solger NI Product Owner

3. JJJJJJJJJ

JJJJJJJJJ New Member

OK I fixed the issue. Uninstalled both versions of GR5 I had on here. Reinstalled from NI app. Then made sure to put the 64 bit .dll file into the steinburg VSTplugin folder.

Tags: