Guitar Rig 6 is coming [not just yet]

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by theguitarist, Dec 23, 2016.

1. theguitarist

theguitarist NI Product Owner

With tone matching capabilities. Any day now.

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Clickbait thread title, that is not cool.

3. theguitarist

theguitarist NI Product Owner

How goes the beta testing?

4. EvilDragon

You know I can't say anything :D

5. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Hey Evil why is NI not communicating with the community.

Maschine Community for example become infos about the next functions that are in the pipeline......why not Guitar Rig Community????

My frustration is so high that I bought Bias FX Pro yesterday :D

6. pelaos

pelaos New Member

it's not late for GR the other amp sims suck even bias that is the most overrated...

7. EvilDragon

Well, Bias is definitely overrated, but some other ampsims are leaps and bounds better than GR as far as modeling accuracy is concerned. Kazrog Thermionik and S-Gear 2 are leaps and bounds above in quality.

Don't ask me, I don't call the shots there!

8. pelaos

pelaos New Member

the two that you mention are great but, GR is GR, not for the amps, is for the effects and that techno touch to make a preset....i'll be waitin' GR6 no matter if it comes in 2030

9. EvilDragon

Yeah, that pretty much discredits GR as a guitar amp emulation, the way you say it. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. stevesilk51

stevesilk51 New Member

Y,know, after trying virtually ALL amp sims/emulators etc, and buying several of them, including S-Gear2, Thermionik, Vandal, Guitar Rig 5, etc, I've come to the conclusion, for me, personally , I really don't care if the amp accurately emulates a Marshall Plexi or Fender Dual Showman, or whatever. WHY? - because if it sounds good, or rather can I get a good sound out of it in the areas of clean, crunch, solo, hi gain. then I'll go for it.
    Which is precisely why I still like GR5, I still like Pod Farm 2.59.
    If I had to choose my two favourites however, then S-Gear 2 for clean sounds and for an absolutely great all rounder Magix Vandal are my go to "plugins" (really disappointed that there will be no further development of Vandal as the author left Magix apparently, but I'm satisfied as it is)

• Like Like x 1
  11. pelaos

pelaos New Member

just listen the clean, it is from GR really great ambience

12. pelaos

pelaos New Member

yes but gr must improve the amps and nothing more and would be the most powerfull software

13. EvilDragon

I disagree, that's not the only thing that must be improved.

• Like Like x 3
  14. pelaos

pelaos New Member

what do you mean? let me know your thoughts

15. Clay Wallis

Clay Wallis New Member

I’ve been gigging every weekend since 2012 with Guitar Rig Pro - waiting for an update...Couldn’t wait any longer...purchased a Fractal AX8. Been using it live for 3 months now - Numerous people asking what changed, as it sounds so much better. I loved GR while it lasted but the sound and the feature set of the AX8 just blows it away. I kept waiting for GR to step it up so I didn’t have to learn a new system and could keep using some of the patches that I had created, but no news from NI and no response from them when asking made me doubt it would ever be updated. I will still update if it is ever released, since I still have 4 Kontrol pedals just to see if it’s on par with the Fractal, but not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 2
  16. pelaos

pelaos New Member

i don´t worry about for GR because NI don't give an explanation about a new version, now i'm just waiting for helix native by Line 6

17. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

I agree that NI needs to communicate better. Their communication right now is just as bad as it was with Kore. Remember that, folks? Silence from NI for months (or was it years?) until finally the axe fell and Kore was no more.

And yeah, EVEN IF there is a beta going on, and EVEN IF our trusted moderator here says he's part of it.

Sorry, but my trust of any person here does not exceed my distrust of Native Instruments when they go all mute on us. As a consumer of NI with direct personal experience of NI's past track record, I feel it's a good idea to just assume that Guitar Rig will be canceled at anytime. This is self-defense, and this is PURELY due to NI's past practices. Post-Kore it took me some time just to come around on Maschine and Komplete. For GR, I'll change my mind only if/when I see some form of official statement to show me that there are positive behaviors happening. Or better yet, an OFFICIAL announcement of an incoming new version.

With NI, I am a little more cautious than "Trust but verify". I have to be cautious because I don't want to be burned again.

So there it is. For now I assume that GR is dead and in the meantime, I'll continue to look at and listen to competing solutions. Each of us must look out for ourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

So for you there is a 99% chance that NI will officially discontinue GR? for me is 50/50 but as time passes more inclined to believe that GR will eventually be axed.

19. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Actually, that's not the way I would say it. My level of confidence is "very low" that NI will continue to support Guitar Rig. NI might still have some time to fix this, but that's only because I'm not currently shopping for anything. But I visit pawn shops almost every week and I just recently saw a Vox processor in great shape, so things could change quickly for me...

20. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

Well it's not as dead as one could think, I just watched a NI Trutorial on youtube featuring Guitar Rig 5.

• Like Like x 1