Guitar Rig 6 is coming [not just yet]

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by theguitarist, Dec 23, 2016.

1. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

That's GR 5. We're on the hunt for 6. Got any videos about GR 6?

2. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

That's not even a question of course not, the point I tried to make is that seeing GR featured in this tutorial series means it's still an important product for NI even though the lack of updates tell otherwise.

3. grlover

grlover New Member

When???
    Please give some news !!
    We've been waiting for version 6 for years.
    I can not believe GR does not go forward. It is without a doubt the most versatile modeler but the quality of sound is already in the past. My deepest desire is that NI returns to court with a product that far surpasses Bias and the rest of the other softwares. But please follow RK3 compatible !! I have not sold it just because I am hoping that the new version of GR surpasses all competition
    Please do not disappoint your fans !!!

4. theguitarist

theguitarist NI Product Owner

It's all about the Helix Native now

5. grlover

grlover New Member

Helix its too expensive for me..

I like the sound of the GR5. But today Bias and other modelers sounds better.. that's is the truth..

For me it was a big effort buy the RK3. I paid about 300 dollars and I could not sell it for 100 today.. I sincerely hope that this 2017 will come to light the GR6 .. I would not mind at all if I had more amplifiers or boxes Maybe some classic stompbox more. The only thing that really matters to me is that it improves the sound quality to surpass Bias and the other modellers.
    I've used GR 5 live for years and it's a great tool it deserves an upgrade in sound quality.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

No I have bias FX , if you make GR5 Presets yourself with own Cab IRs you´ll get the sound you want!

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Well, not quite. The core guitar amp simulation is simply better elsewhere (S-Gear, Thermionik), you cannot compensate that only with IRs.

8. pelaos

pelaos New Member

it's not the helix hardware, it's a official helix plugin by line 6

9. grlover

grlover New Member

Is it posible to control it with the RigKontrol 3???

10. grlover

grlover New Member

That would be an excellent news

11. pelaos

pelaos New Member

i can't tell you because line 6 don't post nothing about that, but i think that helix native (thats the name of the plugin) will support midi. almost all companies design the softwares for being played live

12. akay

akay Forum Member

My dear friend, RK3 is now how old exactly - 6 or 7 years? I own one and still use it, my setup is as follows:
    - iConnect Audio 2+ as audio interface (no clicks, low latency under 10 ms)
    - Apple Logic Pro X
    - SGear2 plugin as main guitar processor
    - GR5 as effects processor only, controlled by RK3
    For my purposes this setup gives RK3 a prolonged period of time until it goes on retirement forever. The GR5 effect plugins still work and sound better than Apples factory effects, SGear has only delay and modulation effects (no Wahwah, no distortion etc.).
    Even if NI brings out a new version of GR I would never go back to RK3 as an audio interface as its hardware is noisy, slow (clicks and crackles with low latency settings) and outdated (no native MacOS core audio support etc.).

13. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Well for High Gain it is enough.
    For Clean and light Crunch I get the VC76 in the input and then reflektor cab ir´s .
    For me good results , just self dial your presets it is worth it!

• Like Like x 1
  14. grlover

grlover New Member

forget about it....

HeadRush is here...

[​IMG]

15. EvilDragon

And doesn't sound all that better from the old Eleven Rack (which I personaly am not fond of, at all). Plus it's a blatant hardware copy of Helix (which I would take any time of day or night over Headrush). :D

16. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Yeah, but at least somebody is working on stuff. Will we get a whiff of a roadmap anytime soon? NI's current strategy of secrecy and silence is unfair to its users and it sure ain't working for me.

17. EvilDragon

NI rarely makes their roadmaps public - they usually just update the "current version" threads in case of a soon-to-come release, but nothing more than that...

18. pelaos

pelaos New Member

eleven will crash with that hardware... helix native is the big cheese

19. grlover

grlover New Member

A close friend of mine, professional guitar player & sessionist. Actually tours (global tour) whit a famous Rock/pop singer. He buy the head rush about two weeks and he are really happy with them. They say the head rush sounds more natural, more "real" than his Helix. He tolds me.. "the helix it's more complex and have much more options. But the head rush sounds amazing and is very easy. Now is touring with the head rush.

20. EvilDragon

Well that's all subjective of course. I like how Helix sounds, feels and is built, far far more.

• Like Like x 1