Guitar Rig 6 is coming [not just yet]

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by theguitarist, Dec 23, 2016.

1. grlover

grlover New Member

*this guy have tons of gear.. The best amps.. All the "boutique" pedals you can imagine.. If he use this thing on tour professionally for an amateur like me I think is good enough.

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

That is a wrong justification but nevermind. There are other professionals also use Kempers, AxeFX and Helix just as well. Who is to say who of them is absolutely in the right? Whatever gets the job done.

3. grlover

grlover New Member

I would love NI do something like that. But a little more compact and more affordable.

Something you can put in your backpack and carry it everywhere with enough sound quality to use in rehearsals and live.

"I have a dream". :)

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

I'm sure that whatever NI makes, it will end up costing around $500-$600 USD, for hardware + software. That's not a bad thing, if they make some improvements to the interface. I'd like to see a bigger, more informative display that can easily be seen under all lighting conditions, whether in the dark or under very bright lights, without tiny elements or anything else that might require the use of reading glasses.

I would like to have tweakability in a controller interface that can be placed on a desk or mounted on a mic or music stand. With real knobs and faders, not touch screens sitting on the floor and subject to an errant foot intending to hit a switch or pedal, but smashing a new iPad screen instead.

And yes, I still think a roadmap is in order, especially for this product. It's such an old product, it can't be selling a lot at this point. And because of that, any announcements of a new version can't possibly end up cannibalizing sales in any significant way.

And when it comes down to it, announcing some Guitar Rig plans might actually help to PREVENT lost sales due to long-time users finally moving on with their lives by making other decisions.

There's almost no downside, but there is every upside to NI making an announcement.

Well, if they're REALLY working on a new version, that is. And yes, I still have my doubts, just because I'm stubborn like that.

5. grlover

grlover New Member

There is so poor the interest that NI demonstrates for the GR and the fans or users of this product that it is incredible after 7 years there are still people interested in an update. (im one)

I think that if they released a version that runs perfectly on a smart phone (android ir Windows phone) using something similar to I Rig HD would be something real positive.

something is better than nothing

• Like Like x 1
  6. EL34xyz

EL34xyz NI Product Owner

I gave up on GR a long time ago and got the Kemper rack model without the power amp
    I like it way better
    I did profile a couple of my GR presets into the Kemper and use use them now and then

7. grlover

grlover New Member

Iam savin for the HeadRush rigth now..
    Its easy to use. Nice touch interface and sounds very good.

8. grlover

grlover New Member

if every works ok.. for christmas.

9. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Wow, that's impressive! I'll keep my eye on this one, for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. grlover

grlover New Member

I would love to NI have something like this...

A small versión on the $599/650 range.

Loaded with GR6!!!

11. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

L6 Helix sounds much better to me, honestly. And they just copied Helix's UI/UX, pretty blatantly. Eh.

12. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Well, I really don't care. "Perfect is nice, but finished is better." And, to my ear, Headrush sounds not only finished, but "ship shape". Sure, will their tweed sound PRECISELY like the real thing? Maybe, maybe not. But since the sounds are coming out of my equipment and not out of the real thing. Get me close is all I ask. 7 years and nothing to show is not close.

NI can fix this. For people like me, this is completely within NI's zone of control. Stop giving us the "mushroom treatment" and just communicate with us!

13. grlover

grlover New Member

Mooer do it

14. grlover

grlover New Member

And have a decent tone.