guitar rig tapedeck question

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by smashguitars, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smashguitars

smashguitars New Member

Hi, i've recently started using guitar rig and i really like it. it took a bit of tweaking to get everthing running with low latencies but everything is a go now.

Now, maybe someone can explain to me what i'm doing wrong here. I set up my rig and selected BOTH tape decks. In the top deck, i load an mp3 of a backing track. My goal is to play over it and record ONLY the guitar on the bottom deck. However, in this setup, the backing track also got recorded on the bottom deck :confused: . I didnt want that. I havent been able to find whats wrong? is this a GR configuration or is my sound card not set up correctly?

thanks

2. Dumbolino

Dumbolino NI Product Owner

yes, the option to record only the guitar signal in tape deck 2 would be nice, but for a workaround, you can use the loop tool and record it there ( backtrack from Tape deck 1 won't be recorded in loop tool...)
    cheers

3. TimP

TimP New Member

I'm pretty sure it's possible now (not in front of "my" computer right now), if you turn "SYNC" off on tape deck 2, it should only record you. (I think).

T

4. smashguitars

smashguitars New Member

ok i will try the loop tool.

thanks for your suggestion

5. smashguitars

smashguitars New Member

hmm i guess i'll try that too. for some reason i through that having SYNC on means that deck 2 will start recording at the same time as deck 1 starts playing.

6. Dumbolino

you thought right! ;-)

7. smashguitars

smashguitars New Member

ok so i figured it out.

i loaded the backing track into deck 2, set sync to on

click "new" on deck 1, set to play at input.

press record on deck 1, then just hit play and off you go.

8. Dumbolino

yeah well, nice try but you only record the clean signal this way... :)

But you know what, I always wanted to record the dry signal AND the FX signal at the same time in GR. I never tried it your way but with your setup AND the looptool, you can record both. I think the looptool wont start in sync but one could align the tracks later in a multitrack tool.
    So, thanks for the idea!

9. smashguitars

smashguitars New Member

no way dude. :D not if you set the play switch on deck 1. if you have it set to "at input" you get processed rig tone. set it to "at output", you get natural clean. well at least my setup works like that.

later

10. Dumbolino

11. tazboy

tazboy New Member

I'm having the same issue. I don't think there is a way to do it.
    This is only good for playback and not for recording.

Does anyone have an idea of how to do this inside of Guitar Rig 3 only? I guess I could always play the backtrack with an mp3 player but I really shouldn't have to do that. Kinda frustrating.

And
    though informative, doesn't help with this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.