Hardware shortcut to toggle link is needed!

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by Bornd Fono, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Bornd Fono

Bornd Fono New Member

Hey guys!

I use maschine in standalone-mode in combination with serato. Scratching, using cue-points & other stuff can bring the two audio streams out of phase, so turning off and re-linking the maschine software is needed quite often to sync the phase again.

Can we please have a hardware shortcut to do this? Minimizing serato to switch to the maschine software, turn link off and on again and then switch back to the serato screen is a pain in the ass for the workflow.

That would be huge. Thanks! Otherwise the integration of link is the best thing to happen in years... thanks so much for that!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I can see that being very welcome. Even to users not using Serato with MASCHINE.

I'd also really love to see a preferences option that would allow Link to stay on and not make me click the button every time I open MASCHINE i.e., just remember my last Link setting.

3. cooloutman

cooloutman NI Product Owner

I was just about to post the same suggestion. This is so needed and crucial for using Link in an onstage situation. Juggling application windows sucks. Most DJ applications replace the sync button with Link once it's enabled. You can usually setup a hardware toggle button that shows the status of Link those apps.

For onstage use, the Maschine controller is detailed enough to be used without the laptop screen. The only thing missing is a button for Link. I'm thinking perhaps using the 'erase' button as a modifier would work best...like 'erase + grid = Link' or 'erase + restart = Link' to toggle link off/on, then have the button (restart or grid) continuously blink if link is enabled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bornd Fono

Bornd Fono New Member

Guys from NI: Please!!!

5. Bornd Fono

Bornd Fono New Member

Any update on this? I am missing this sooo much when playing live and syncing Maschine, Ableton Live 10 & Serato :/

PS: The option to midi-map this would be even BETTER.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018