Harmonic mixing not working?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by lydewrj, Aug 19, 2019.

1. lydewrj

lydewrj New Member

Can anyone please help me?

The harmonic mixing update won't work for me as it will not colour any of the keys unless I choose the "colour all keys" option. As you can see from the screenshots I have the track playing on "master" so I am unsure why it is not working...

Please let me know as I would love to use this feature but I just can't quite get it to work.

Thank you!!

Attached Files:

2. Alex Filen

Alex Filen New Member

Looks like "Keylock" isn't enabled in your photos. Go ahead and click on "Key" right above the headphone icon on both decks and see if that works

3. zyguli

zyguli New Member

...which is a silly requirement! So I can't mix harmonically, unless I use keylock?!

4. Tijn71

Tijn71 NI Product Owner

Off coarse you can mix harmonically without your keylock on. Then you need to figure out yourself which key(s) match your current track. Only for the function (i.e. showing the coloured keys of the matching tracks) to work you need to use the keylock.

5. zyguli

zyguli New Member

I'm aware of that. I was merely commenting on NI's mindset.

6. Tijn71

Tijn71 NI Product Owner

It is very logic you need to have the keylock on. When your track is playing without the keylock on, the moment you change the tempo the pitch of the track changes. If at this moment you want to find another track to match Traktor would need to analyse the current key of the track playing.

7. zyguli

zyguli New Member

If you play, let's say, drum and bass, where most of the tracks are within the range of 172-175 BPM, the issue is irrelevant, because changing the tempo of all tracks by around 4% will lead to similar change in key, so the key relation stays almost the same in every circumstance.

8. Shafeeg Wagi

Shafeeg Wagi New Member

How can I change the pad color using sampler ?it's just one color otherwise virtual dj works out .

9. Tijn71

Tijn71 NI Product Owner

Are you sure you have the right topic? Which pad do you mean?