Harmonic Mixing

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by djinet, Mar 12, 2019.

1. djinet

djinet NI Product Owner

Hi,

I would like to know, please, if traktor has any functionality to know if with 2 analyzed audio tracks and with their corresponding tonality and color, they are compatible for "harmonic mixing", according to the wheel, as it´s explained in:
    https://mixedinkey.com/harmonic-mixing-guide/

Otherwise, would it be possible to include in the software that indicates / suggests which tracks are compatible to make harmonic mixing, without needing to memorize or have the wheel in front?

Thank you. A greeting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jumeirah Sound System

Jumeirah Sound System NI Product Owner

Just used MIK and write the Camelot Key to Comments 2 or the Key Text tab. Then sort by this tag when mixing to find tracks the go well together. Works every time.

3. Brian J.

Brian J. NI Product Owner

That’s not the same thing to have MIK tags supported natively.. The comments is merely a workaround

4. Jumeirah Sound System

You're right. Life is hard. This still works. :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Brian J.

Brian J. NI Product Owner

You know what dude? Since this is the second thread you derailed with your childish and unnecessary comments, I will put you in my ignore list..

Life is easy..

6. Jumeirah Sound System

Have some perspective here, man. Almost half a billion people don't have clean water and a third of the world doesn't have a toilet. Billions of people just like you and me can't see a doctor or even get a basic education.

People on this forum are complaining about a company (NI) that, in some cases, literally lets them do their job but isn't a tiny fraction of a percent easier to use.

Louis CK has a great comedy routine about this:

Louis CK (cell phones and flying):

As Louis CK says, "our lives are like a Greek myth right now." I remember the hassle of warped records, jury rigged sound systems, aching backs and the difficulty of finding the music you wanted to play because someone else bought the last copy of the release you wanted. Traktor and NI are like a blessing from heaven compared to how it used to be.

It's just perspective, not trash talk, especially when people can literally do exactly what they are asking for with an ounce of effort. I enjoy life a lot more when I realize how good we actually have it and stop expecting the world to cater to my every desire.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  7. electrosomnie

electrosomnie NI Product Owner

would be great to be able to overwrite the traktor key with the one from MIK, so that it would be then colored, or to have the same features on the key text than the one on the traktor key