1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Have a layout the permanently turned off the crossfader

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by photojojo, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photojojo

photojojo Forum Member

I posted this in the TSP section before there was a feature suggestion thread in the S4 section.

It would be nice if I could select a layout that didn't have the cross fader and kept the cross fader permanently disabled on the controller. I know I can turn the cross fader off, but I have to do it each time I open Traktor.

Rainer has provided a tsi that allows us to turn the crossfader off, but we need to do it each time traktor is started.

http://traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingview.aspx?id=110

2. matthi_

matthi_ Forum Member

+1. I might like thisone also; I'm not a big fan of the crossfader anyways, depends on what kind of music you're mixing maybe. Anyway, I don't mind having the crossfader in sight, just turning it off for decks A and B every time Traktor restarts could be easily fixed I guess?

3. Marvelles

Marvelles Forum Member

+1

and a switch to reverse the fader for reverse scratchstyle....

4. Tarekith

Tarekith NI Product Owner

Yes please, annoying that I have to turn the xfader off each time.

5. luckee_d

luckee_d Forum Member

So there is no shift feature to disable the crossfader from just one channel? It would make sense to assign only the channel you want to the crossfader and leave the other channels neutral.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  6. Tarekith

Tarekith NI Product Owner

Yes, you can individual assign each channel to either side of the xfader, or keep them from going to the xfader at all if you want. It's just not a setting that is saved (for some reason), you have to do it each time you launch Traktor.

7. luckee_d

luckee_d Forum Member

Oh, ok thanks for that!

8. bighk9

bighk9 Forum Member

9. rockthediscotheque

rockthediscotheque NI Product Owner

+1
    Get a much smoother mix from the channel faders, too easy to knock the crossfader if you haven't remembered to disable it.

10. DJ MAD NL

DJ MAD NL NI Product Owner

11. Rexxyboy

Rexxyboy NI Product Owner

12. Pexi_

Pexi_ Forum Member

13. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Forum Member

Throwing my vote in on this too, I'd like to see this as an option.

14. dj ibot

dj ibot NI Product Owner

...and me too...

15. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

+1

Although I discovered if you press shift, the effect buttons under the gain knob show the placement of the deck on the crossfader. To remove, simply press the lit effect button. This way is easier than switching to the Mixer view and clicking on the deck-assign buttons next to the crossfader.

-KLH

16. tomflynn

tomflynn NI Product Owner

+1 - Would be nice to select a 'no Crossfader' setting in prefs, and that's it. No more having to disable the cross fader everytime i start the S4.

17. doreiny

doreiny New Member

wow, thank you for that!

18. popoff44

popoff44 Forum Member

+1

Disabling the crossfader every time Traktor is restarted has been a pain ever since I got my S4; Would love to see the option implemented in the software somewhere.

19. samblair

samblair Forum Member

me too!

any help to do this NI or anyone else?

20. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

Holding shift and then pressing four microbuttons sequentially takes what? like 2 seconds? Not exactly "a pain" in my book ;)

But yeah, why not add the feature

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.