Solved Hello!I need a little bit of help.

Discussion in 'Scripting Workshop' started by SphereAudio, Sep 10, 2017.

1. SphereAudio

SphereAudio New Member

Hello!

I've as of late begun to use Kontakt more and more for my own samples, in my own productions etc.
    I've always used the built in random or round robin feature in Kontakt & I've have some minor knowledge in regards of just adding volume knobs and routing menus.

But now I've started to notice the inconsistency in the hit cycles, sometimes the same sample are hit a few times in a row.

So this got me browsing around if there's someone that might have a solution to this issue & I found a couple of codes that worked great but one was just a simple round robin code and another one was a random but that still could give me un 'inhuman' performance.

I also came across a lot of threads about something called 'Shuffle', that a man that I've understood sadly has passed away but was highly though of here and in another forum i was searching in, 'Big Bob'. He wrote something about Full-Cycle Random or FCR that uses this 'Shuffle' thing.
    I also came across alot of threads regarding this kind of code but noone had really posted any finished code for it.

So my question is, is there anyone that could help me out with this? And if payment is required I'm willing to pay, I just need to have my own drum samples perform in a more 'human' way than the previous has done.

I guess I should add that my samples are all multi miced samples with 3 velocitys and 5 hits per velocity.

Thanks.

2. medusa

medusa NI Product Owner

3. SphereAudio

SphereAudio New Member

4. medusa

medusa NI Product Owner

Robins are usually placed in different groups... so if you use a shuffle random system you then need to apply that to the group selection for each successive note.

That code is not complete, sorry, it's just the Fisher-Yates shuffle. You then need to use the result to choose the robin group, and then re-shuffle every N times. N is the number of robins, and is the size of the array you need to shuffle.

5. SphereAudio

SphereAudio New Member

Thank you Medusa!

I think this is a bit to advanced for me to get a grasp on haha.. Guess I'll have to live with having samples be machine-guny & maybe take care of this another time when I have time to learn more about this.

Thanks!

6. Mr.Lion

Mr.Lion Member

Hello!

I have this script that works for single instrument use;

Code:
    on init

declare %list[5] {RR GRPS Change this number dependent on the amount of samples in a cycle}
        declare $at := num_elements(%list)
        declare $x
        declare $last

end on
    on note

disallow_group($ALL_GROUPS)
        inc($at)
        if($at >= num_elements(%list))
            $last := %list[num_elements(%list) - 1] 
            %list[0] := 0
            $at := 1
            while($at # num_elements(%list))
                $x := random(0, $at)
                %list[$at] := %list[$x]
                %list[$x] := $at
                inc($at)
            end while
            $at := 0    
            if(%list[0] = $last)
                %list[0] := %list[num_elements(%list) - 1]
                %list[num_elements(%list) - 1] := $last
            end if         
        end if
         { To make sure corresponding mics are played - The name of each sample group }
        allow_group(find_group("BB " & %list[$at]))
        allow_group(find_group("BBH " & %list[$at]))

end on
    The only thing I haven't worked out yet is how to make it work key dependent, so let's say if I have a Kick on 36 it'd have it's own cycle than a snare that'd be on 38(note number).
    Also if the kick would have less samples than the snare for example.

Maybe if someone here could shime in and give a hand on how to accomplish this I'd be very greatful!

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

8. SphereAudio

SphereAudio New Member

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you Evil Dragon for the help, I've tried that one as well but didn't work as needed! It made snare rolls sometimes have the same sample on my accents! But Mr. Lion posted a script above that for what I think 'shuffles' the cycles into new random cycles!

Thanks.

9. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

The script above actually doesn't care where your accents are. It just makes sure that the same sample isn't played twice in a row. However, it can still happen that you get a repeating pattern with a limited RR pool (like 3-1-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-2-3-1-3-2-1 etc.)

10. SphereAudio

SphereAudio New Member

Yeah, that's what I meant! But I've had that in certain snare rolls where it's Hard - soft - soft - soft - Hard etc wher all the hard hits is being the same sample getting triggered which sounds very appearent! Hence the reason I started this thread the first place!

Thank you alot EvilDragon!

11. charlesjohny8

charlesjohny8 New Member

Valuable information found on this thread.