Hello marketing departments, there's some goodwill laying around here!

Discussion in 'B4 & B4 II' started by nilesp, Apr 20, 2014.

1. nilesp

nilesp NI Product Owner

The day has come I have to put my trusty old B4 II to rest because my x64 DAW software doesn't play nice with B4 II in combination with jBridge.
    I tried everything to get it working, but the only support I received was from the author of jBridge. Ironically I invested the least amount of cash in his product. But unfortunately his hands are tied.

So for the past year I've scorched the net for a worthy 64 bit drawbar substitute, but none of them came close to B4 (LinPlug's Organ 3, UVI's Retro Organs, Halion's Tonewheel module, NI's Vintage Organs).

I can not understand no software company took the opportunity to fill this gap in virtual instrument land. Especially because there's a very high demand for a x64 clone-wheel like B4. I'm almost positive any B4 user out there will buy a worthy successor without a doubt. Hell, even if they ported B4 II to 64 bit I'm sure most of us B4 users will buy it.

We musicians are killed with vintage channel strips, tape sims, pre-amps, compressors, EQ's, limiters, delays, reverbs, amp sims and synths, but not a single company was able to create a virtual clone-wheel organ like B4II.

So music software developers (not sample library creators), here's your opportunity to develop a product for a user base with a high demand for a product like this.
    And the best part is: There's no competition when you live up to the standard of B4 II ;)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. nilesp

nilesp NI Product Owner

3. Orbit-50

Orbit-50 NI Product Owner

Here's the workaround, if you love B4 as much as you say you do, you can get a 32 bit computer and run B4 on that. Maybe an old laptop? There are plenty of affordable 32 bit systems available on the used market. This is one of the softwares that are worth it's own box because of the fact that there are no other truly competitive alternatives. If you don't love it enough then forget what I said.:)

4. nilesp

nilesp NI Product Owner

It still runs great in a x86 version of any DAW on a x64 OS. So setting up an entire x86 system isn't necessary.
    But thanks for the tip!

I moved to the x64 version of VB3 and I'm hooked!

5. burgvogt

burgvogt NI Product Owner

I can understand you being hooked. I switched over to VB3 in its infant days when B4 was no longer marketed and supported and I have not regretted it a day.

6. nilesp

nilesp NI Product Owner

There's a BIG downside at VB3 compared to B4 though :(
    Stuff like Organ Type, Speaker Type, Percussion Level, Leakage, Tuning, etc. are all stored globally. So when you change e.g. the Speaker Type, it will be changed for all projects using VB3. Which reduces VB3's functionality big time.
    These kind of settings really should be stored in the preset and DAW's project file.

7. nilesp

nilesp NI Product Owner

For those still looking for a good clone wheel as substitute for B4 II (not completely). Check out Air Music's DB-33