Solved HELP! Batch re-save extremely slow

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Angela Maria Feo, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Angela Maria Feo

Angela Maria Feo New Member

Hello everyone, I'm a new member. I'm trying to batch re-save my Session Strings Pro library, but it's too slow. I read that some antivirus softwares can affect the speed of batch resave but i have no antivirus installed on my Mac.
    My computer is a
    Macbook Pro 16GB RAM

All the libraries are on an external HD 7200 rpm USB 3.0
    I have Kontakt 5

It's been 4 hours and it's still batch resaving the library, I can't lose the whole day for each library. I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve this problem.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

Do you have Apple’s FileFault or some other drive encryption software activated? Hard drive encryption technology can prolong file read and write processing. What is the connection medium of your external HDD? Are you using a USB2 or USB3 port?

3. Angela Maria Feo

I'm using the USB 3.0 port, Filevault is deactivated and I have no other hard drive encryption on.

Both "looking for missing samples" and "re-saving patches" are too long, after 8 hours I could resave Session Strings Pro and now I'm doing the same with Berlin Strings. It's as slow as Session Strings but I can get to the source of the problem.

My mac is 7 months old and it works perfectly, so I really can't understand, hope you can help me

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Is that hard drive set to ExFAT, by any chance? Kontakt is extremely slow with that. Use HFS Journaled instead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Angela Maria Feo

OMG yea it's ExFat, so if I reformat and set it to HFS Journaled that should solve the problem? I'll let you know thanks

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yep, should speed things up considerably.