1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Help...lost my BPM's...

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Ed Roc, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Roc

Ed Roc New Member

I just turned on my MAC and my BPM's are all at zero. Can someone please help me get them back.

Any help is apprciated.

Ed

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

are the tracks in the track collection?
    have they been analyzed?

3. ramchez

ramchez New Member

me 2 lost all the bpm after installing the 1.1 update,.... Also i edited special information in the comment place of the files and this is also lost.
    Be4 i used final scratch, and then traktor scratch. I always saved the info in the mp3 file and the tracks have never been in the collection ( never used that feature)

feel quite ****ed cause i lost hours of work..

4. Ed Roc

Ed Roc New Member

Exactly. I did the 1.1 update and lost all BPM's. Should I uninstall it? Would that help to retore my information I had before the download?
    Should I leave the 1.1 version and start to do my sonds all over again :sigh:

Native Girl,
    Yes, my tracks are in the collection and yes they were analyzed.

Ed.

Specs:
    Mac Book Pro
    Mac OSX
    Version:10.4.10
    Processor:233 GHZ
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 2GB
    Glyph External Hard drive

5. DJ Freshfluke

*sigh*

data is stored in the collection.nml and if you wrote the tags to the tracks (manually!) they are also in the tracks itself.

when you re-install, you should not overwrite your collection, you should do beforehand an backup as described in the manual.

anyways, data should not get lost when you install an update, so i assume you de-installed the previous version before? otherwise i have to investigate more.

BUT anyways. IF your tags were in the tags, a simple right-click on the collection and choosing read tags should bring them all back - if you do it before loading a track in a deck.

if you load a track in a deck before reading the tags, it will loose the cue points/ beatmarkers etc., but not the *normal* text tags.

6. Ed Roc

Ed Roc New Member

It looks like English...sounds like German..;0) huh?

Sorry, not that computer savvy... ok, I never de-installed the previous version but I did decide to de-install this lastet version that caused the problem.

I have since called support here in California and I am good for now.

Thanks Native Girl!

7. ramchez

ramchez New Member

sorry but if the update brings a big change for the mp3 collection, users might be warned with a popup message be4 installing the update... alot handier than referring to a manual afterwards, which u wont need for installing an update.

Anyway i lost all the info i wrote in the comment files, and i have to reanalyse the mp3's. and i never made usage of the collection system. (and im a user since fs 0.9)

8. DJ Freshfluke

i myself did the very same as you - had installed TS 1.0 and updated to 1.1 and i did not loose nothing.

you must have made a mistake somewhere, which has nothing to do with the update process itself.

point 1: if you never had your tracks in the collection, how could you have written tags to them?

9. ramchez

ramchez New Member

i never used the collection.nml. but i saved the data of the mp3 in the mp3 file..

if i have to play somewhere i just create a new windows folder with mp3 files in it.. same as you were searching for records to put into your recordbag. Then i striped them, analyzed it and saved to the file. and wrote some stuff in the comment.(if i opened my mp3 files in other FS systems i could see all the info i put in there..). thats it. and now all this info is gone...

i know something went wrong here.. but i dont know what.. and i dont know how to solve it.

10. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

That's exactly what went wrong - you never used the collection.

And stupidly enough you are the victim of a bug that makes it /look/ like Traktor is able to write tags to a file outside of the collection - but it isn't. Sorry.

11. DJ Freshfluke

yeah, sure - if he tried writing tags from below the explorer node...

btw, that will be fixed in future updates.

12. ramchez

ramchez New Member

so im ****ed?

and how can i go back to previous state?

13. DJ Freshfluke

you cant.

tracks that are not in the collection cannot be analyzed or edited.

14. ramchez

ramchez New Member

I know I can't shoot the messenger :] but can you be more specific?

you tell me the hours ive spent on writing things in the comments are lost and i cant get it back?

its a bug and in future releases it will be fixed? and i just have to do all the work again?

come on... the data i've saved must be somewhere in the tracks.. howcome i could see this data in other Final Scratch or Traktor Scratch (be4 the update).

15. DJ Freshfluke

when you analyze or edit a track below the explorer node in traktor scratch, in reality it doesnt get analyzed or edited. it looks like, but on the very next startup you can see, the data is gone. it failed silently. the next update has a warning message that you have to import these tracks before editing.

is that what happened?

16. ramchez

ramchez New Member

its a while ago, but if i remember correctly i did the following.

|downloaded the update
    ||installed the update
    |||opened traktor scratch
    ||||to convert collection. nml blablabla message.. i said no
    |||||program was finished opening... and all my data is gone.

i tried to convert the collection.nml later to the new version of fs. no result. comments in my mp3's are still empty

thats about it.

i tried to revert to the old collection.nml. but i cant get the data back

17. DJ Freshfluke

you didnt answer my question.

plus, we're running in circles.

IF the tracks were in the collection and you wrote your tags IN the collection, the tags are still there.

if you did what we described earlier (tracks not in the collection, editing under the explorer node) you had never written tags.

18. paddydj

paddydj NI Product Owner

First, I haven't read all answers to the topic..

But, why can't at least the exact bpm be saved in the ID3v2-Tag of an mp3 file? Even the beatgrid information could be saved in it.. I often use the Mixmeister BPM Analyser which saves the bpm in each file. This program does it really quickly and precisely. Would be perfect if Traktor was able to read it.
    I think this feature would be much appreciated. Hope this will come in future updates so you can relocate your files to wherever you want or reinstall the software etc.

19. DJ Freshfluke

you better did, because...

of course traktor can.

it does it without issues - i'm transferring tracks more or less daily from one computer to the other without hiccups. in this thread we try to find out what ramchez special issue is.

20. paddydj

paddydj NI Product Owner

But Traktor will not be able to read the bpm from the ID3v2 if you had written it before manually... e.g. with an ID3 tag editor.. in addition Traktor will not be able to read cue points correctly if they were read by ID3 only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.