Help...lost my BPM's...

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Ed Roc, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the BPM field is something special, because traktor stores a .xxx value in its own field, while e.g. itunes uses a .xx field.

therefore there are indeed some inconsistencies that are worked on.

i dont understand your second sentence...?

2. jeromerelease

jeromerelease Forum Member

i too had some issues. i analyzed all my tracks & got the bpms to 3 decimal places (which id like to change to 0 if possible).

then when i closed & relaunched TS, they were all back to 0.

why is this?

j

3. DJ Freshfluke

you analyzed your tracks below the explorer node, and not from the track collection.

it's a bug that gets fixed in T33.

@ paddy: still not understand *in addition Traktor will not be able to read cue points correctly if they were read by ID3 only*? what do you mean?

4. paddydj

paddydj NI Product Owner

I thought that Traktor writes the info about bpm and cue points into other files.. and not in the ID3tags. And if these other files get deleted, Traktor will not be able to recreate all cue points correctly because all points are defined as "cue" and it won't recognize "in" "out" "load" or "grid".

5. ramchez

ramchez New Member

To answer your question in a simple yes/no thing.. i think its a no :]

To make it clear. In Traktor 2.6 and in TFS2 ive used quite alot of mp3 with traktor. I never added the files to the collection. But i simply striped them and saved the data to the file ( an option i selected in config screen)

So the files saved and analyzed, were edited more ( in the browser funktion of Traktor 2.6 and TFS2) i did change some values like the bpm, and i wrote some stuff in the comment place.

I installed the traktor scratch software... everything was running fine,i saw all this info.. now i dloaded the update, and all the data on comment, stripes, and bpm values are gone...

6. jeromerelease

jeromerelease Forum Member

its from the itunes lists...is this the same thing?

7. meghawatt

meghawatt New Member

Please explain the above. In Traktor 3.2, I had no problem saving my cues and beatgrids by writing tags. When I attempt to do the same in Traktor Scratch, most tracks lose this info upon restart. Is this a bug? Because of this issue, I have to still use Traktor 3.2 for editing... annoying! but seems to work. (how I long for 3.3!)

Also, what was with the scary notice with the 1.1 update about importing the collection causing incompatibility with previous and future versions of traktor? I really can't afford to lose HOURS of beatgrids.

thanks. still love traktor despite the fact that all my dj friends tell me to get serato.

8. DJ Freshfluke

nope, it gets all written in the ID3 tags.

9. DJ Freshfluke

i repeat luckily again: doing the same thing in TS is buggy as explained above.

again: fresh added info below the explorer node did not get saved to the bug i'm talking about.

IF you wrote tags some time in T2.6, these tags are in the track regardless of updating or not. a manual readout would bring them back. i'm referring to newly added tags in TS.

10. DJ Freshfluke

once again.

YOU CAN EDIT TRACK TAGS FOR TRACKS THAT ARE IN THE COLLECTION BELOW THE COLLECTION ICON.

if you try this from below the explorer node, the data is gone on the next start. it is a bug. it will be fixed in T33.

why should you loose beatgrids? it's the collection file format that got updated. nothing to fear about.

11. ramchez

ramchez New Member

I dont want to be rude...but I'm not really interested in a future release will fix it or its not saved or if T2.6 is also buggy.. I really would like my info back.. I had it with the Traktor Scratch one release.. and since the update its gone..

So how can i get it back? you are talking about a manual readout... can you be more specific?

12. DJ Freshfluke

i repeat from my posting on page 1 (!) of this thread:

IF your tags were in the tags, a simple right-click on the collection and choosing read tags should bring them all back - if you do it before loading a track in a deck.

13. ramchez

ramchez New Member

I tried this but didnt get the data back.Then I concluded this info wasnt written in my mp3 files, but had to be stored somewhere.

Then i had a look at all the stripe maps in "my documents". I put them all in a new folder, and then in the config screen of TS i linked to this map. Funny thing now is, i have all the old data back JIPPIE!

All the new data ive added since the update i've lost... this i wil lhave to do again but thats not so much work :]

14. meghawatt

meghawatt New Member

backing up my beatgrids

So, if the cues/bpms/beatgrids are stored to the ID3 tag then the track copies on my back-up external hard-drive should include that info too, right? This does not seem to be the case - when I drag tracks off my back-up drive and into Traktor they are missing cues/beatgrids/bpms. How can I go about backing up all my beautiful beatgrids?

15. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

only if you manually "saved tags" on those!

16. DJ Freshfluke

a) WRITE TAGS
    b) READ TAGS

17. djaftashok1

djaftashok1 New Member

damn, i think i am experiencing the same problem!

i analyzed about 500 tracks - then re opened the software at a later time...all BPM's were back to 0.00 -

i dont use 'collections' thingie - still a newbie here..:(

18. djaftashok1

djaftashok1 New Member

yup, all my buddies are like "why did you get Tractor Scratch?"

19. DJ Freshfluke

what is your answer?

e.g. *i'm not a lemming?* ;)

20. djaftashok1

djaftashok1 New Member

SORRY THIS WAS FOR ED ROCK (not RAMCHEZ's reply) .....

ED ROCK,
    i noticed your using 10.4.10, right? i had the same problem (still do..) and im blaming it on the new mac update - because when i was at 10.4.9 i was able to analyze my tracks from the itunes folder in TS and all BPMs saved with no problem (and i wasnt even using "track collection") - im telling you guys, its gotta be that new mac update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.