1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

HELP! Maschine+ Stuck on “Machine+ is starting” screen

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by mmz7777, Oct 11, 2020.

1. mmz7777

mmz7777 New Member

I received my Maschine+ today, registered it, downloaded a bunch of expansions, and played it without issue for 2 hours. I then shut it down for a while. When I came back to an hour later, I tried to start it and now it just sits on the screen that says “Maschine+ is starting.”

I tried force powering it down, and turning it on again, and still just “Maschine+ is starting.” Left it for a couple hours, still just hangs on that screen.

Does anyone know of a way to factory reset this unit using a key combination or anything? There is no troubleshooting section of the manual either, so don’t know what to try. Hoping to not have to return it. Thoughts?

(I did reach out to support already, but was hoping someone here had any success overcoming this issue.)

Thanks!
    Matt Z

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

check section 7.3.4 of the Manual. will resetting help? I do not know!

3. mmz7777

mmz7777 New Member

Good thought, but I can't even get to that screen because the "Maschine+ is starting" screen is all I see.

Funny enough, I was able to get into Controller mode by unplugging the power and plugging in the USB to my Mac. the M+ perfectly recognizes as a M+ and I can use it. But then I plug the power back in and I hit the "Standalone" button when in Controller mode, and right back to being frozen on the "Maschine+ is starting" screen.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  4. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

Do you switched on"auto reload last project" and maybe facing a corruct file?You tried it without SD card?

5. mmz7777

mmz7777 New Member

Trying without SD card now...

fmq Same result. Good idea though.

There has to be some kind of restart key combo that will factory reset the unit. It's just not in the manual.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2020
  6. mmz7777

mmz7777 New Member

Update: I left my M+ trying to start all evening. It stayed stuck for 8 hours on that same “Maschine+ is starting” screen.

Starting to think the main internal storage may have died. Hoping support has some kind troubleshooting trick to force a factory reset as I can’t get into the unit to reset the usual way.

Or maybe I’ll just return it. We’ll see I guess.

7. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Try connecting to the computer see if it goes into controller mode ,
    I take it you’ve tried disconnecting the power lead for a while

8. mmz7777

mmz7777 New Member

ALDREAD yep, I can boot it in controller mode. But whenever I go back to standalone, it never leaves the “Maschine+ is starting” screen.

I also let it be disconnected from power for a while. Same result. Thanks for the thought though!

• Like Like x 1
  9. mmz7777

mmz7777 New Member

Update: Decided to return the unit to Sweetwater and they are replacing it. I think I just got a bad unit. Assuming it’s something hardware related. Likely bad RAM or corrupt internal drive. But hey, this kind of thing happens with computers and other devices.

It was awesome for first 2 hours that it worked!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1