1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

Help Me!!! Latency Issues Wdf01000.sys Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by djFATtrip, Apr 15, 2015.

1. djFATtrip

djFATtrip New Member

Hello, So I'm in a bit of a pickle!! I have bought a new DELL Inspiron 7537 and I am having sparse (maybe every 30-40mins) latency in traktor. I have optimized the laptop updated all the drivers as far as I know and stopped services, turned off wifi all the usual things that i did with my old computer. I ran latencymon and this showed me that Wdf01000.sys is the culprit. I double checked this with the windows ADK thing and got the same results. I had to downgrade my traktor to 2.6.7 because it seams more stable --- 2.7.3 was crashing and being wierd (which i not sure if that is a coincedence or not). I have searched for a way to sort this out but cannot find a definative answer. I had a 6 year old acer that runs traktor on windows 7 with less power so im wondering if its window 8 thats the problem. either way ive attached the info from latency mon hope some one can help.

Cheers in advance

Specs
    Inspiron 7537
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz
    16gb ram
    windows 8.1

Attached Files:

2. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

Wdf01000.sys is a component of Microsoft's Windows Driver Frameworks- it's used by any driver that was developed using the WDF framework. There was another thread here from a Windows 8 user with this problem, but the OP never posted whether he was able to fix it.

The thing is, it's not necessarily Traktor's fault... Traktor might not even be a WDF driver- I don't know. But some device on your system has a poorly-written driver (or some kind of configuration problem) that's putting undue strain on your system. Best way to troubleshoot this is to disable devices one-by-one (like unplugging USB peripherals or disabling optional devices in Device Manager). Once the spikes stop you should be able to find the culprit (and hopefully find an updated driver that fixes it).

USB problems could also result in this sort of behavior. Try connecting Traktor directly if you are currently using a hub, and try using different USB cables in case your current cables aren't up-to-spec. USB 3 ports can sometimes be an issue. Try a USB 2 port if you have one.

3. djFATtrip

djFATtrip New Member

Cheers for the quick response!! I did read that other post its about the only one thats the same on the internet. I have disabled most of my devices as i only use the laptop for djing but ill double check. If i disable the correct thing will latencymon show the change, only because it can sit at around 0.3ms for ages before the spike. Or in other words whats the "average" execution time of wdf0100.sys so i can compare it.

4. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

Make sure you have a good backup of your system first.

Go to Windows Services and disable that service. Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime
    It's not needed by Traktor.

Export your Services to a text file just to make sure you have the correct Services disabled. It's your choice whether to disable Services at startup or disable them after you've logged on.

5. djFATtrip

djFATtrip New Member

So an Update! Ive updated everything, turned on/off all services, disabled everything in device manager. None of it seems to make any difference. Wdf01000.sys still has lots of latency. I starting to think its just windows 8 is *****! Ill probably format and put windows 7 on see if that improves it. unless anyone else has a bright idea!

@XMan714 - there is no specific service for kernel mode drive frame work runtime so cant turn it off!

6. djFATtrip

djFATtrip New Member

So after more tinkering, I have found that if I use asio4all drivers i get not latency but if I plug in my s4 or my audio6 the latency starts. So imn thinking its usb problem but not sure how to fix it. ive reinstalled the usual stuff

7. Stazbumpa

Stazbumpa NI Product Owner

The only thing I can suggest is to see if there's an updated USB driver for your laptop. Flattening my old Acer laptop and reinstalling Windows did cure a latency problem I was experiencing at the time.

8. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

Run msinfo32.exe and export the entire file. Attach that to this thread.

9. djFATtrip

djFATtrip New Member

So after messing around for ages I have kind of sorted it! So after trouble shooting i could not find a fix on windows 8 no matter what I did nothing stopped wdf01000.sys created latency. So I sacked it off and formatted and installed window 7. latmon now showed that iusb3xhc.sys was creating the most latency. So this is the usb 3 driver so i uninstalled that and hey presto no latency (well as far as i can tell after 10hr or so of playing) the only problem is that the S4 needs to be plugged in. If it isn't I get usb drop outs. So the problem seems to be the usb3 compatability with the s4. (I also used traktor with cdj2000nxs with out any problems as well just to let you know) If anything changes i will update.

10. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

Scratch building to Windows 7 isn't what I would have recommended, but if that was your preferred "fix" then I guess there's nothing else to say. It would have been nice to get your system information to actually find a root cause.

11. djFATtrip

djFATtrip New Member

Yeah mate i would've like to sorted it on windows 8, but had gigs all weekend and needed it sort asap. I did browse alot of forums and there were a few people having the same problems but with other usb devices(on a DELL).It boiled down to the fact that you cant uninstall usb3 from windows 8 but windows 7 you can. And with no option to turn off usb3 in the bios it seamed like there wasn't much else cooking so i bit the bullet. But cheers for the help tho!!

12. PluToNiuM719

PluToNiuM719 New Member

Exactly the same problem with High performance PC (Win 7 pro x64 + intel i7-477R + 16 Gb RAM + SSD) + Traktor 2.7.3

Latmon showed that iusb3xhc.sys was creating the most latency with my Traktor S8

13. PluToNiuM719

PluToNiuM719 New Member

Find this ...

Try to connect USB 2.0 Hub and connect your Traktor S4 / S8 on it !

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015