Help with polyphony in Reaktor

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Rodney St-Pierre, May 28, 2021.

1. Rodney St-Pierre

Rodney St-Pierre New Member

Hi. I've just starting learning how to build in Reaktor and I am unable to increase the number of voices beyond 1. My ensembles seem limited to monophonic. I have watched a number of tutorials and I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Here I just tried to make the simplest synth possible - midi input, oscillator, output. When I increase the voices of the ensemble beyond 1, it breaks the wires to the output. Using the debug feature, when I play a chord on my keyboard and hover over the wires from the midi input, I can see that there is only one note at a time registering from the midi input.

I do not have mono selected on the oscillator module or the midi input. upload_2021-5-28_17-20-24.png upload_2021-5-28_17-21-48.png

What I am I missing here?

2. drb

drb NI Product Owner

You are missing the "Audio Voice Combiner" primary module. (With the ")"). Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 4.36.59 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodney St-Pierre

Rodney St-Pierre New Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I didn't think that was the problem since I could see that there was only one note at a time coming in from the midi input. I didn't realize that placing the voice combiner just before the output could change the number voices on the input. Not very intuitive.
    Rod

4. Laureano Lopez

Laureano Lopez NI Product Owner

Poly modules are yellow. Mono modules are orange. You can't connect them directly because Reaktor doesn't know what you want to do: do you want all voices, voice 1, voice 5? If you want a mono mix of all voices, you use the voice combiner. If you want a specific voice, you use From Voice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

On my old screen monos are more pink then orange or a mix of both.