1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Hercules freezing my PC

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by djbob1200, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djbob1200

djbob1200 Forum Member

Hello Forum,

I just recently purchased the Hercules Rmx. I Installed the drivers and the MIDI mapping tool and now after about an hour or so the PC freezes and i have to do hard reboot. Anyone experience this issue as well?

I am running an HP compac nx 6325 XP with tractor 3 and traktor X1. I mapped the needed functions on the Rmx console to channel 2 so that there would be no interference between the two controllers and I placed the device in Home/desktop power mode to make sure no USB power issue arise.

Thanks in advance!

2. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso NI Product Owner

3. djbob1200

djbob1200 Forum Member

thanks for the reply!

I did DL the latest the driver from the web site, have done all the config suggestions in the optimization Manuel, and the midi mapping app was from the Hercules site as well. I have a huge gig to play tomorrow so I uninstalled the drivers and mapping program, set up my Audio Kontrol SC and loaded the old mapping in Traktor and no issues. Played on the system for 2 hours and left it running all night to make sure no freezing occurred and it did not.

After Saturday I intend to back up my laptop and uninstall everything I don't need and reinstall what I do and start from there. I'll post back what I discover :D

4. djbob1200

djbob1200 Forum Member

Still no luck

It seems that the mapping for selecting page #2 in the midi assignment in Traktor 3 is my first issue. Every time I go to change it from hold to toggle, it shifts to the page 2 config and won't let me out of it, usually ending in my laptop freezing. Every time I press a button that sends an LED signal, a strange humming noise begins and ends when I turn the button off. Now I am getting squiggly computer feedback noises through my monitor speaker. I uninstalled all the drivers for both devices (traktor control and the Rmx console) and reinstalled just the Rmx drivers to the same issues. Not sure if my laptop just doesn't have enough system to handle this device or what but I'm about to send it back, which sucks because I like to feel and really want to be able to use this device.

can anyone shed any light on my dilemma?

Cheers!

5. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso NI Product Owner

Let's check a few things:

- Regarding your computer, do you know which processor you have: X2 or Sempron ?

- For Traktor, is it the last version (3.4.1)?

- Is this a mapping you are making or the one you downloaded on the Hercules support site ?

3.4.1 is necessary for the Hercules one as the toggle function for the modifiers
    was introduced with this version, and could potentially create issues with earlier versions.

- Is the humming noise coming from the console itself or the speakers ?

6. djbob1200

djbob1200 Forum Member

Computer specs

I have an AMD turion 64 X2

Tractor is the latest release (3.4.1). I noticed that Pro has multiple midi controls listed as a feature. Does studio 3 have issue with mulit-midi? If so, I just purchased the pro upgrade so maybe that will help?

The mapping is one I DL'd from the website

The noise is computer noise that gets louder when the processor is going. It's not a ground issue because A. it's not that kind hum B. I have a 2 prong adapter that cancels out the ground prong. I though maybe that was the issue so I took it off. Still made that noise.

7. Made In Breizh

Made In Breizh Forum Member

Hello bob1200,

For the humming noise issue, can you test the following process:
    - on the rear panel, remove the screw attaching the aluminium cover (close to the USB port)
    - wind up a thin coper or steel cable 360 degrees on the screw, and put the screw again in its original position on the aluminium cover
    - wind up the other side of the copper cable to the ground screw on the input 1-2.

I have never met the same issue as yours, but once I advised a user to do this grounding because he had electrostatic noises, and he said it suppressed humming noises.

Best Regards,

Made In Breizh
    Team Member of Hercules DJ Mix Room

8. djbob1200

djbob1200 Forum Member

Thanks for all the advice, it is much appreciated.

I just installed Traktor Pro and whadda ya know! The hum has stopped and the sound card in the device is working great and giving me great sound. I am going to get the midi mapping for pro from the Hercules web site, load it into pro and see what happens....wish me luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.