1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Hi-Res Screen Support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by dj_mixdup, Jan 23, 2015.

1. dj_mixdup

dj_mixdup New Member

Hi,
    Can you please offer native hi-res screen (Retina, Surface Pro etc.) support for your otherwise awesome product. The current solution/workaround sux!
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Kwad

Kwad NI Product Owner

+1
    We are in 2018 now, we have waited this feature for many years. Please add it on the roadmap.

3. slackerofthemind

slackerofthemind NI Product Owner

+1 if I can't see the software properly, I cannot use it

4. toypadlock

toypadlock New Member

please, please, please can you add this. i assumed that v3 would *have* to add it, but no. it's genuinely bad having to squint at traktor all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Addie Valantis

Addie Valantis New Member

Whats the current workaround?

MBPr 2015 13"

6. djrickym

djrickym NI Product Owner

+1 — This is a really important priority for many of us. A scalable UI would be a plus.

• Like Like x 2
  7. alexlore

alexlore New Member

Dear NI,

+1 for this one... I honestly upgraded to Traktor Pro 3 in a deep, deep hope that finally, after 6(!!!) years of retina displays the terrible high-resolution neglect would've finally been addressed. There is not a single piece of software on my laptop (MBP 15" 2017) that looks as unsharp und unpleasing to the eye like Traktor Pro 3 (or 2 for that matter...)
    I run my laptop (as i guess most of MBP users do) on maxed out resolution, because screen real estate is a pretty nice thing to have. In full resolution, the overall size of the UI isn't that bad. But as djrickym correctly stated, I would truly love to see a scalable UI, but since I don't dj on the screen but rather via HID on CDJs, I don't care much about the size of the UI. So there's that.

BUT: I do have to look up tracks, read what comes next, browse and read track stats. And thus comes my biggest problem. Text looks TERRIBLE!! In a club environment with flashing lights, reflections, smoke.. the sharper the screen, the easier it is to read what's on it. And the text in Traktor Pro is just so blurry that at first i thought i might need glasses until i realized i could read Pioneer Rekordbox fonts just fine from a distance while Traktor's were simply unreadable... You could of course tell me to just pump up the font size. Well, I'm at size 16 and for whatever reason some software engineer decided that the next bigger font should be a 24 and just called it a day. The screen with a 24 font looks like a readability environment i would set up for my 80 year old grandma, yet the text is still blurry. So not an option either...

Just compare the UI of Rekordbox to Traktor Pro. Not saying that all is gold that shines there, but at least they get razor-sharp edges on text, which helps a lot in everyday and performance use...

See some examples of how bad it looks in comparison.

P.s. funny how even the Traktor Pro logo just looks like crap... o_O

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-14 um 21.56.42.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-14 um 21.56.08.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-14 um 22.32.42.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-14 um 21.55.20.png

• Like Like x 2