HID support for Denon DJ MC7000 & MCX8000

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by SpirosG, May 5, 2018.

1. SpirosG

SpirosG NI Product Owner

It would be really nice to have these controllers supported by Traktor natively. They both are Denon's DJ flagship controllers and many people are using them.
    It's a shame that even if you prefer to use Traktor you have to switch to Serato because MCX8000 is not supported at all by Traktor and MC7000 is supported only by MIDI making the use of the jogwheels for scratching not that great because of the resolution supported by MIDI.

• Like Like x 12
  2. djveleno

djveleno New Member

I also like many others we are interested in integrating the mcx 8000 in traktor, we have been using traktor for years and now we have to use serato, which also has problems with this controller, you could make a little effort and help us integrate this controller!

• Like Like x 3
  3. SpirosG

SpirosG NI Product Owner

You should press like to the First post.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PowerHouseDJ

PowerHouseDJ New Member

I agree. I have been a long time traktor user and have picked up an 8000 due to needing to do video for a few shows. It would nice to use the 8000 with traktor beings I have it and would prefer over serato.

5. MixMasterG

MixMasterG NI Product Owner

Direct support from Traktor would be the preferred way.
    In the meantime there is another option for users of the MCX8000 with beta 2 firmware.This enables the MCX 8000 to work standalone with Engine Prime prepared usb media. Now for the good news there is a way to convert Traktor playlists/folders to an Engine Prime compatible USB without any labour in Engine Prime. Watch this video:

6. BartDG

BartDG New Member

I agree wholeheartedly with the topicstarter. I've been using a Traktor S4 for a couple of years now, but it's getting a but long in the tooth. So I'm in for a new controller and sadly enough, NI themselves currently don't have one that meets my needs. I could buy an S4 MK2 I suppose, but that's sooo 2014... I would like jog wheels, screens, needle strips and tempo faders. When I first saw the MCX8000, I was in awe. To me, it was like: this is it! I've seen the ultimate controller! Sure, it has the strange mirrored setup, but I can live with that. I also like the way how it supports playing from USB sticks with its Engine software.

Biggest downside : it has no Traktor support! Nooooo! I really do NOT want to switch to Serato!

So for me I would love to either :
    1) NI release a new controller based on this one, with the exact same layout and features (because to me it seems freakin' perfect!) OR
    2) Release official Traktor HID support for this controller. Which would probably be the easiest route. So my money's on that one! Come on NI! You've released this kind of support for Pioneers' Nexus series, now please do so too for this controller! (or release an identical one of your own making)

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Elvis Lewis

Elvis Lewis New Member

Agreed i would love to use my mc7000 & Sr2 H.I.D mode with traktor

8. Dj Ricky Valdivia

Dj Ricky Valdivia New Member

[QUOTE="...
    So for me I would love to either :
    1) NI release a new controller based on this one, with the exact same layout and features (because to me it seems freakin' perfect!) OR
    2) Release official Traktor HID support for this controller. Which would probably be the easiest route. So my money's on that one! Come on NI! You've released this kind of support for Pioneers' Nexus series, now please do so too for this controller! (or release an identical one of your own making)[/QUOTE]
    I agree, I think in concept the MCX 8000 it's perfect with all its features. Only the inverted position of the play/cue and pitch to conform a symetric layout, I prefer a not symetric layout but play/cue on left and pitch on right of both controllers. I hate this symetric concept of Denon.

9. david tee

david tee New Member

yup like Dj Ricky Valdivia said above. i want a controller with out using my laptop . NI has been laying low for a while now . if they can come up with a stand alone rider like MCX 8000 it would be lovely . if they can pull off 4 screens in order to control 4 decks say good buy to a lot of controllers. then NI would take the lead.

I am not buying another controller from ni (unless) . the last time i check the s8 was nice but no you need a laptop in order to use it. i had enough. until then i am buying mcx 8000. the only downfall you can only use 2 ch to play stand alone . I don't have to worry about sorato (i hate that software) . as long i have the map for traktor THEN its all good to use 4 decks. if they can build a monster standalone (all metal) hardware then the money will roll out so dam fast. great post
    Spiros

10. thatdjtech

thatdjtech New Member

Support for the Prime Denon x1800 and sc5000 would be dope!

11. FABIO ALVES

FABIO ALVES New Member

can you send for falves@globo.com the MCX8000 TSI File ? I have Traktor 2 and 3.