1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Highlight Scale Notes in Piano Roll

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by shyheim10, Oct 10, 2017.

1. shyheim10

shyheim10 New Member

Would be cool if the keys on the piano roll lit up when a scale is activated.

Example:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. shyheim10

shyheim10 New Member

Yes, key/scales is what i mean. Like I can see within the piano roll, C Major as you have in the pic.

Lets eliminate the chord part. Basically that already exists via MIDI :)

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  4. shyheim10

shyheim10 New Member

Ghost notes would be great. I thought that may be asking for to much lol.

5. Willyng & äBle

Willyng & äBle New Member

+1 for this feature!
    Could even be expanded by a button that lets you skip the notes that are not in the scale, when editing a note's pitch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sangeeta

Sangeeta NI Product Owner

+1 good idea. Should be configurable in preferences.

7. maxo2405

maxo2405 NI Product Owner

8. jacqui brookes

jacqui brookes NI Product Owner

To. be able to hear notes/chords when you click on them would be great too. For correction purposes, I don’t draw notes in. It’s way faster to correct chords and notes when you can instantly hear them....as a jazz pianist I lay stuff down pretty fast, and if I make a bum note, Thinks, correct it in the edit.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  9. mason drielling

mason drielling NI Product Owner

+1 would be nice to be able to hear the notes as you move them up and down in the piano roll as well

• Like Like x 1
  10. jacqui brookes

jacqui brookes NI Product Owner

Even GarageBand on iPad has this? Ableton has the option to preview the notes,,,why can’t NI implement this basic feature?

11. locrates

locrates NI Product Owner

yeh man.. collapse to set Key option and to currently used notes option.. +1

12. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

The upcoming V11 of Ableton has a feature that looks exactly like the mockup...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

A real plugin manager! Drag and drop plugins as well as kits etc..from the browser.