Holiday offer!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by dj wb, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDDJs_Doc

NDDJs_Doc New Member

I'm sure I read it in one of these threads as I was trying to resolve my Audio 8 problems. The bad part is that I don't remember where or if it was another misguided person or an official NI rep. I also was told this on the phone (once again I didn't take notes).

Suffice it to say, if NI doesn't step up to the plate and take care of those of us that were with them from the beginning, I will make sure that my experiences are communicated to every DJ I can find. Considering the fact that I am in tight with several international DJs, this will not be a little ripple in the pond.

It is in their best interest to do this. It's not like they are the biggest name out there. They need to be doing whatever it takes to get TS in as many hands as possible, as quickly as possible, and keeping the current owners happy and singing their praises.

I love my Traktor v2, but my TS experience has been riddled with problems. From not receiving install discs, to the crackling problem that NI tech support couldn't resolve (but I did), and now this. This was not a smooth rollout and they need to recognize this. Giving out a few upgrades to keep the current customers happy isn't a big deal. It's not like this product has been on the shelf for 5 years and they would have to give away millions of upgrades.

I'm talking basic customer service and marketing here. Regardless if I misunderstood what was told to me...This is common business practice. Companies do it all of the time. How do you think Windows got to the point they are at now? While everyone else was charging for upgrades, they gave their's away for free. They took those costs and added it to the price that the new users were paying. They even ignored the piracy issues to make sure as many people as possible had their product on their computer.

Well, That's my side of the story. Sorry about the length.

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

You are voicing this on the wrong channel. If you feel wronged you should contact NI and bring it up with a manager if you had support issues, etc.

Ranting on here isn't going to do nothing, you need to go direct.

There is a contacts section on the website with everyone's email address. Start there and get your voice heard.

3. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

So you basically want to blackmail NI into giving you free stuff? How very ethical of you.

The first part is /exactly/ what they are doing! And doing both at the same time is not always possible.
    Given a choice between getting new paying customers and paying money to existing customers - what would you choose?

Windows upgrade *always* cost money. Service Packs are not upgrades. They didn't ignore piracy, they had to tolerate it until a central clearinghouse was technically feasible. They made sure that as many people had Windows on their computers by making anti-competitive deals with computer manufacturers. Yes, they have been convicted for it. Both by the US government and the EU.

4. NDDJs_Doc

NDDJs_Doc New Member

DJQuartz,

I have already sent a message. They have yet to respond. Thank you for the advice. I didn't intend for this to turn into a rant. Unfortunately some people can't read opinions without taking it personally. I'll have to address that later.

We won't even start on the ethics of treating new customers differently than old customers just to get their money. If I were truly trying to blackmail them, I would have said it to them and not typing it on a USER forum. The point I am trying to make is that they may be underestimating the power of bad press. I am obviously not the only one feeling this way. Most of the users do not frequent the forums. Who do you suppose they talk to about this? It will not be other TS users.

But in this case it is. It's all about customer service while keeping an eye on the bottom line. Contrary to what many people think, DJs talk to each other and are usually trying to get the best (even if it's only for bragging rights). Word of mouth advertising has always been the best and the most cost effective.

This is where you try to do both. Nothing can hurt your business more than current customers talking about their bad experiences. This is not a very costly venture. The mechanisms are already in place. The software can be downloaded by registered TS users only. It may even save money on the customer service end by reducing phone calls.

Obviously you are young and/or new to the computer world. Yes service packs are not upgrades. But, they were originally touted as bug fixes and then upgrades. Later upgrades would encompass a new OS and the fixes would be given the politically correct name of Service Pack.

You are incorrect with the piracy issue. They had the piracy stopped in it's tracks many years ago. They then noticed a drop in sales on all of their products. Being the marketing geniuses that they are, they quickly backed off and allowed the piracy to continue until they had a near strangle hold on the industry. The point you are making with MS strong arming computer manufacturers to install their products was a totally different issue. Netscape never did recover from that.

I know you are repeating what you read in the papers. Since you decided to dispute my facts, I just wanted it to be clear that I did not mis-state anything. Very often the papers don't report the whole story because they don't know it or don't want to report it. I was working with MS before they had the GUI interface and turned into the big dogs.

This thread has been sidetracked enough. Let's get back to the issue at hand. The Holiday Offer and why the rest of us don't qualify for it.

5. AudioRapture

This adventure in capitalism was proudly brought to you by the colors pot, kettle, black and the number odd.

6. jessefromchi

jessefromchi New Member

Why the hell would you say something like that?

This is a pretty shady move by NI. Whether the mods think so or not.

NI should at least give a discount to pre-existing owners of TS to get T3.3. At the very least.

7. djquartz

Do people not read?

TS owners get Traktor 3 for $119.

8. dj wb

dj wb Forum Member

moderators you can close my topic.

i didn't mean it to go like this. it was just set up as a light topic to joke around and complain a bit.

not to make a fuzz about it like some others do @ the moment :S

Sorry NI

9. sovietpanda

sovietpanda New Member

well, if it makes you feel better, i was going to start this thread if i hadn't found this one

10. dj wb

dj wb Forum Member

i hope this cake makes you feel better (K)

[​IMG]

11. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

because you have always to pay a price for that.
    rember what the first cellys did cost and how the price dropped.
    when i bought my laptop, i was happy i could see the same laptop for a cheaper price not in the next month, but in 6 months.

a) prices for technical equipment drop. always.
    b) special offers happen here and everywhere at least once a year.

there's nothing shady about it.

12. paddydj

paddydj NI Product Owner

Is Traktor 3.3 also included if you buy the EDU version during the holiday offer?

13. AudioRapture

Not known on the forums at this point - ask NI sales.

14. jessefromchi

jessefromchi New Member

NG, you're saying that it's the customers' fault for buying TS right when it first came out? That we should have expected something like this to happen and postponed our purchases? If that was the case, NI would be practically giving TS away because no one would have bought it!

Anyways, I retract my statement because it appears that NI is only doing the T3 upgrade until the end of the year. I was under the impression that T3 was going to be the new standard for new purchases from here forward. So, sorry for being a dick.

15. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

hell, no! :eek: it's only a time-limited offer...

16. rekh

rekh Forum Member

Ok, i unlocked my TS more than 2 weeks ago, but still no T3.3 in sight! When will I recieve my T3.3 licence key?

17. djquartz

@ rekh

Did you check your junk mail to make sure the email didn't get filtered in error.

If it's not there, file a support ticket immediately and post your ticket # back here.

Thanks

18. klico

klico NI Product Owner

Thank you sir.:D

It seems that hotmail filtered this as junk mail.

19. AudioRapture

Well of course - Microsoft can't have that you get any other software but theirs! ;-)

20. rekh

rekh Forum Member

Not in the junk .... [Ticket#2007113010015804]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.