1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

hopefully no bad omen: long time no new expansions

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by The Sarge, Jan 25, 2016.

1. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

am I wrong or is it more than 3 months without a new expansion?

hopefully not a bad omen...

anyone else missing new stuff? ;)

2. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

I wouldn't call it a bad omen. Maybe NI is too busy working on bug fixes for Maschine and Traktor rather than build expansions *wishful thinking*:confused:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

YES, of course... need a new big update first! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

I think theres something big coming soon they've finished there sales and theres a few kontakt addons buts that's been pretty much it so I think there building up too launch something soon and no show at namm

• Like Like x 1
  5. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

The recent additions of Una Corda and now the India series, make me think Komplete 11 is around the corner. If you add 2 or 3 new libraries , that make enough content to justify a release.

6. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

hmmm, although I only asked for "expansions" and not for K11, I´ll take the chance to write my feelings about "K11 around the corner":
    hopefully not to soon, because there´re only these releases since K10:
    -Emotive Strings
    -Strummed Acoustic
    -Reaktor 6
    -FLESH
    -Una Corda
    -India

and now remember that these 6 products must be devided to Ultimate & Normal content...
    for me not worth spending 399 bucks for an update!
    btw: I hope that Una Corda may the only piano-like item this time in K11...

btt:
    i hope that there will be some really new expansions inspired by the suggestions here in the forum, especially something with vocals and some reggae-like or another cooooool D´n´B one

• Like Like x 2
  7. mmmotion

mmmotion NI Product Owner

I'm still REALLY bummed about the complete radio silence from NI about what they're working on :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. mkotechno

mkotechno NI Product Owner

the big update is coming... again

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

why is did u allow urself to get bummed over this?when that has been their M.O for the longest; certainly for the last two years they have talked about everything else in detail except maschine.

10. mmmotion

Because last year I started to perform live using maschine as the basis, but the fact is that I can't get more that 3-4 tracks loaded at once, and I must do all sorts of crazy routings to get around that.
    I know I'm kinda betting on a dead horse here, but I'm REAAAALLLLY hoping that the next update will bring some performance improvements.

If it doesn't, I'm ditching it for Ableton.
    I still might keep it as a fast sketching tool, but using it as a backbone for a 90-120 min live performance is a suicidal mission.

11. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

If you have ever spoke to anybody at NI, you will know performance updates are never happening, bug fixes are unlikely, their reply to performance issues, buy a faster computer :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. mmmotion

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I mean, I've become really invested in this thing, I completely stopped writing music in any other DAWs since I got v2.
    But who knows, maybe in the end I'll thank NI for turning me to Ableton ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

[​IMG]

14. CakeAlexS

My speculation.

Kontakt saw a big bug update recently. and also a major bug with Replika is finally fixed. They are probably getting a couple of developers to cycle through all their products one final time for bug fixes. Well the ones they can be arsed to fix, before they get upgrades and old versions can be abandoned.

Well this is indeed a wishful thinking BS fantasy I've just made up... Must have drunk too much coffee.

15. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

They all are working in the 2.5 update ........i hope ;-)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  16. dabb

dabb Active Member

So people who develop software & fix the bugs and people who prepare the expansions are the same NI team ha? :p

• Like Like x 2
  17. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

for live performances ableton is superb

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. CakeAlexS

If new V3 software is on it's way they are probably spending the time updating all the existing expansions for it, merging them with Traktor perhaps, ready for you to buy it all over again ;)

That's probably better time spent in their view rather than fixing issues..

I did ring up NI earlier and they personally told me on the phone the Maschine developers are turning pinball machines into controllers in Vegas (top priority). 'Flipptor' will be released Feb 8th.

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

Who suggested this hahaha

20. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

so people still looking for sound packs instead of an actual update , smh good luck